LR(1) Parser Table Generator wanted (ideally C or C++) as refeernce

Aaron Gray <aaronngray@gmail.com>
Fri, 25 Mar 2016 11:00:21 -0700 (PDT)

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
LR(1) Parser Table Generator wanted (ideally C or C++) as refeernce aaronngray@gmail.com (Aaron Gray) (2016-03-25)
Re: LR(1) Parser Table Generator wanted (ideally C or C++) as refeernc aaronngray@gmail.com (Aaron Gray) (2016-03-25)
LR(1) Parser Table Generator wanted (ideally C or C++) as refeernce slkpg4@gmail.com (SLK Mail) (2016-03-25)
Re: LR(1) Parser Table Generator wanted (ideally C or C++) as refeernc federation2005@netzero.com (2016-04-03)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: Aaron Gray <aaronngray@gmail.com>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2016 11:00:21 -0700 (PDT)
Posted-Date: 25 Mar 2016 14:16:43 EDT

Hi,

I am writing modern idiomatic C++ MIT licensed replacements for flex and GNU
bison and am looking for a LR(1) Parser Table Generator wanted (ideally C or
C++) as reference for checking generated tables against.

I don't know if such a thing exists ? Other than :-

        https://sourceforge.net/projects/csparser/

but as its a discarded work in progress I am not sure about it.

FYI The hope is to overhaul this area and bring it into the modern day with
library based tools that can be used solely at runtime or with a set of
default standard executable tools, and one main toll that combines the whole
into a "real" compiler-compiler, of which I have never really seen as yet.
Anyway it will be more than just a parser generator.

Many thanks in advance,

Aaron
[There's always Berkeley yacc, from which bison was adapted. It's either
BSD licensed or PD, depending on who you ask. -John]