Compiler positions available for week ending January 24

"comp.compilers" <compilers@iecc.com>
24 Jan 2016 11:14:38 -0000

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Compiler positions available for week ending January 24 compilers@iecc.com (comp.compilers) (2010-01-24)
Compiler positions available for week ending January 24 compilers@iecc.com (comp.compilers) (2016-01-24)
Compiler positions available for week ending January 24 compilers-jobs@iecc.cambridge.ma.us (1993-01-24)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: "comp.compilers" <compilers@iecc.com>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 24 Jan 2016 11:14:38 -0000
Posted-Date: 24 Jan 2016 10:30:57 EST

This is a digest of ``help wanted'' and ``position available'' messages
received at comp.compilers during the preceding week. Messages must
advertise a position having something to do with compilers and must also
conform to the guidelines periodically posted in misc.jobs.offered.
Positions that remain open may be re-advertised once a month. To respond
to a job offer, send mail to the author of the message. To submit a
message, mail it to compilers@iecc.com.

-------------------------------

From: "Jones, Joel" <Joel.Jones@caviumnetworks.com>
Subject: JVM Implementor Position
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 2016 19:21:27 +0000

I am a compiler architect at Cavium and we are looking to hire a JVM
expert for our team.

We are a small team and you would be heavily involved in making Java
run fast on our 48 core ThunderX ARMv8 processor. Having a single chip
with so many cores is a real challenge for the Java VM, and we have
plenty of interesting work to do. The ARMv8 architecture is a new
player in the server market, and is a "green field" environment where
you can make lots of important decisions that will have real impact.
Our work with ThunderX in one socket and two socket systems has shown
that implementation decisions that are appropriate for multi-core
machines (4-12 cores) don't necessarily scale to "many-core" machines
(48 or 96 cores).

We are located in San Jose, CA and are open to off-site workers.

Joel Jones

The Jobvite version of the job posting is:
https://app.jobvite.com/jhire/modules/requisitions/tabs.html#/details/otVp2fwz

Information about ARMv8.1:
https://community.arm.com/groups/processors/blog/2014/12/02/the-armv8-a-archi
tecture-and-its-ongoing-development

Information about ThunderX, Cavium's ARMv8 processor:
http://www.cavium.com/ThunderX_ARM_Processors.html