|Seed7 Release 2015-09-14 firstname.lastname@example.org (2015-09-18)|
|Date:||Fri, 18 Sep 2015 11:37:44 -0400 (EDT)|
|Posted-Date:||18 Sep 2015 11:37:44 EDT|
I have released a new version of Seed7: seed7_05_20150914.tgz In the
Seed7 programming language new statements and operators can be
declared easily. Types are first class objects and therefore
templates/generics need no special syntax. Object orientation is used
when it brings advantages and not in places when other solutions are
Seed7 is covered by the GPL (and LGPL for the Seed7 runtime library).
- The FAQ has been improved to explain the support for Unicode names
and how Unicode names are activated with a pragma.
- The heap management for strings has been improved to determine the
maximum length of the free lists automatically at run-time. This
improves the runtime, when the compiler (s7c) compiles itself, by
2.7% (measured with gcc and valgrind). In many other situations
this optimization has also a positive effect.
- The interpreter has been improved to allow experimental support
for case statements with a string decision expression.
- The compiler has been improved to use the functions abs()
respectively labs() for the absolute value of an integer (when
overflow checking is switched off).
- Tests for abs have been added to chkint.sd7.
- The example program raytrace.sd7 has been improved to use result
variables with descriptive names.
- The configuration values LONG_SIZE and BOOLTYPE have been added to
- Interpreter and compiler have been changed to use the type _Bool
or bool for boolean values, when one of them is available. This
allows some optimizations by the C compiler, since the possible
values are restricted to 0 and 1.
- The deprecated functions open_utf8, open_utf16, open_echo,
open_line, open_tee, open_more, open_upper, open_lower,
open_reverse, open_window and open_field have been removed.
The replacement functions are openUtf8, openUtf16, openEcho,
openLine, openTee, openMore, openUpper, openLower, openReverse,
openWindow and openField.
- The deprecated function removeAnyFile has been removed. The
replacement function is removeTree.
- The macros 'likely' and 'unlikely' have been added to functions in
analyze.c, arrlib.c, biglib.c, bstlib.c, chrlib.c, cmdlib.c,
dcllib.c, drw_win.c, drw_x11.c, fillib.c, fil_unx.c, fil_win.c,
numutl.c, pollib.c, prclib.c, sql_lite.c, sql_my.c, sql_oci.c,
sql_odbc.c, sql_post.c and ut8_rtl.c.
- The definition of the macro logFunction in common.h has been
improved to write the file name.
- Calls of logFunction have been added to arrlib.c, prclib.c,
big_gmp.c, cmd_unx.c cmd_win.c dir_dos.c, dir_win.c, drw_win.c,
set_rtl.c, sql_lite.c, sql_my.c, sql_oci.c, sql_odbc.c, sql_post.c
- Checks for err_info != OKAY_NO_ERROR have been replaced by checks
for pointer variables beeing NULL in sql_lite.c, sql_my.c,
sql_oci.c, sql_odbc.c and sql_post.c. Since the address of
err_info is used this variable cannot be placed into a register.
- Several variables have been changed to constants.
- Several calls of strlen() have been replaced with calls of the
macro STRLEN() (STRLEN() computes the string size of a literal at
- The files drw_win.c and tim_win.c have been improved to reduce the
number of C compiler warnings.
- The function setupFiles in fil_win.c has been improved to set only
redirected files to _O_BINARY mode. Real console files are left in
_O_TEXT mode. This way the ENTER key is translated to '\n'.
- The function freelistStatistic has been added to heaputl.c.
- Several definitions have been changed to use a static storage
Seed7 Homepage: http://seed7.sourceforge.net
Seed7 - The extensible programming language: User defined statements
and operators, abstract data types, templates without special
syntax, OO with interfaces and multiple dispatch, statically typed,
interpreted or compiled, portable, runs under linux/unix/windows.
Return to the
Search the comp.compilers archives again.