|Seed7 Release 2015-08-23 firstname.lastname@example.org (2015-08-24)|
|Date:||Mon, 24 Aug 2015 12:41:49 -0700 (PDT)|
|Posted-Date:||26 Aug 2015 13:57:20 EDT|
I have released a new version of Seed7: seed7_05_20150823.tgz In the
Seed7 programming language new statements and operators can be
declared easily. Types are first class objects and therefore
templates/generics need no special syntax. Object orientation is used
when it brings advantages and not in places when other solutions are
Seed7 is covered by the GPL (and LGPL for the Seed7 runtime library).
- The example program raytrace.sd7 has been added. This program is a
- The library vector3d.s7i, which supports 3D vectors, has been
- The compiler s7c has been improved to create code to manage free
lists for struct data. This avoids many calls of malloc() and
free(). The maximum length of the free lists is determined
automatically at run-time.
- In color.s7i the elements of the type color have been renamed to
redLight, greenLight and blueLight. The files mahjong.sd7 and
draw.s7i have been changed to use the new element names of the
- The functions doubleToCharBuffer, fltDgts and fltSci in flt_rtl.c
have been improved to work without calls of strlen().
- The function bigHexCStri in big_rtl.c has been improved to use
fewer calls of memmove() and strlen().
- The function process_pragma() in analyze.c has been improved to
use fewer calls of strlen().
- The function opendir in dir_dos.c and dir_win.c has been improved
to work without calls of strcat().
- The functions striAsUnquotedCStri and bstriAsUnquotedCStri in
striutl.c have been improved to use fewer calls of strlen().
- The function cp_to_command in striutl.c has been improved to use
fewer calls of os_stri_strlen.
- The function getcaps in trm_cap.c has been improved to use fewer
calls of strcat().
- The function fix_capability in trm_inf.c has been improved to use
fewer calls of strcat().
- The function strLit in str_rtl.c has been improved to work
without calls of strlen().
- The functions calculate_output_length and print_stri in error.c
have been improved to use fewer calls of strlen().
- The function prot_os_stri has been removed from traceutl.c.
- The macros 'likely' and 'unlikely' have been added to functions in
act_comp.c, analyze.c, arr_rtl.c, big_gmp.c, big_rtl.c, chr_rtl.c,
cmd_rtl.c, cmd_unx.c, cmd_win.c, con_win.c, hshlib.c, hsh_rtl.c,
soc_rtl.c, striutl.c and traceutl.c.
- Checks for err_info != OKAY_NO_ERROR have been replaced by checks
for pointer variables beeing NULL in cmd_win.c, dir_rtl.c,
fil_rtl.c, pcs_unx.c, pcs_win.c, striutl.c. Since references to
err_info are used this variable cannot be placed into a register.
The pointer variables used now can be placed into a register.
- Variables in big_rtl.c, dir_rtl.c and striutl.c have been changed
Seed7 Homepage: http://seed7.sourceforge.net
Seed7 - The extensible programming language: User defined statements
and operators, abstract data types, templates without special
syntax, OO with interfaces and multiple dispatch, statically typed,
interpreted or compiled, portable, runs under linux/unix/windows.
Return to the
Search the comp.compilers archives again.