|Seed7 Release 2015-06-01 firstname.lastname@example.org (2015-06-01)|
|Date:||Mon, 1 Jun 2015 12:40:04 -0700 (PDT)|
|Posted-Date:||04 Jun 2015 00:23:27 EDT|
I have released a new version of Seed7: seed7_05_20150601.tgz In the
Seed7 programming language new statements and operators can be
declared easily. Types are first class objects and therefore
templates/generics need no special syntax. Object orientation is used
when it brings advantages and not in places when other solutions are
Seed7 is covered by the GPL (and LGPL for the Seed7 runtime library).
- Interpreter and compiler have been improved to work correctly, when
the function body (the part between 'begin' and 'end') consists of
one symbol (e.g.: begin test end; ).
- The parse operator for float values has been improved to work like
the corresponding function that reads literals in a Seed7 program.
- The parse operator for float values has been changed to forbid
hex literals (that the underlying C function might allow).
- In cli_cmds.s7i the copy and move commands have been fixed to work
correctly, when the target file is specified.
- Checks for division by zero (with div, mdiv, mod and rem) have been
added to chkbig.sd7 and chkint.sd7.
- Checks for log2 and log10 with negative argument have been added to
chkbig.sd7 and chkint.sd7.
- Checks if RANGE_ERROR is raised by the operators parse, digits, and
sci have been added to chkflt.sd7
- Checks for the sci operator have been added to chkflt.sd7.
- Checks for factorial with negative numbers have been added to
- Checks if RANGE_ERROR is raised by the parse operator have been
added to chkint.sd7
- In chkbig.sd7 the functions chkGrow, chkShrink and chkMultCopy have
been renamed to chkAddAssign, chkSubtractAssign and chkMultAssign
- The function defineTempVariable has been added to
lib/comp/expr_util.s7i and used in several compiler files.
- Changes to avoid signed unsigned mismatches in comparisons have
been done in actIConv (act_comp.c), act_iconv (actlib.c) and
- Explicit casts to void (document that a function result is ignored)
have been added to chrCLitToBuffer (chr_rtl.c) and bigLog10
- The functions getEnvironment and freeEnvironment have been added to
- The file con_emc.c has been added. This file contains a (dummy)
- The file stat_win.c has been added. This file defines the functions
wstati64() and fstati64().
- The program chkccomp.c has been improved to write definitions of
os_isnan, os_isinf, DOUBLE_MIN_EXP10, MIN_PRINTED_EXPONENT_DIGITS,
ATOF_ACCEPTS_DENORMAL_NUMBERS, HAS_SYMBOLIC_LINKS and HAS_READLINK.
- The config value ISNAN_WITH_UNDERLINE has been removed. Instead the
macro os_isnan has been defined.
- The macro HAS_SYMLINKS has been renamed to HAS_SYMBOLIC_LINKS.
- In match.c the function match_symbol() has been added and used in
- The function dllSym has been renamed to dllFunc. The function
dllFunc returns a function pointer instead of a void pointer.
This silences warnings issued by some C compilers.
The sql_*.c drivers have been changed to use dllFunc.
- Calls of logError have been added or improved in act_comp.c,
arr_rtl.c, big_gmp.c, big_rtl.c, bst_rtl.c, cmd_rtl.c, cmd_win.c,
dir_rtl.c, fil_rtl.c, fil_unx.c, fil_win.c, flt_rtl.c, hsh_rtl.c,
intlib.c, pcs_unx.c, set_rtl.c and stat_win.c.
- Calls of logFunction have been added or improved in arr_rtl.c,
big_rtl.c, chr_rtl.c, cmd_rtl.c, dir_rtl.c, fil_rtl.c, fil_unx.c,
fil_win.c, flt_rtl.c, gkb_win.c, int_rtl.c, s7.c, set_rtl.c,
Seed7 Homepage: http://seed7.sourceforge.net
Seed7 - The extensible programming language: User defined statements
and operators, abstract data types, templates without special
syntax, OO with interfaces and multiple dispatch, statically typed,
interpreted or compiled, portable, runs under linux/unix/windows.
Return to the
Search the comp.compilers archives again.