|Seed7 Release 2015-04-19 email@example.com (2015-04-19)|
|Date:||Sun, 19 Apr 2015 08:42:30 -0700 (PDT)|
|Posted-Date:||22 Apr 2015 20:47:42 EDT|
I have released a new version of Seed7: seed7_05_20150419.tgz In the
Seed7 programming language new statements and operators can be
declared easily. Types are first class objects and therefore
templates/generics need no special syntax. Object orientation is used
when it brings advantages and not in places when other solutions are
Seed7 is covered by the GPL (and LGPL for the Seed7 runtime library).
- The library httpserv.s7i, which supports HTTP server HTTP requests,
has been added.
- The comanche webserver has been changed to use the library
- The example program which.sd7 has been added. This program locates
in which directory a command is found.
- In shell.s7i the modes used for popen and popen8 have been changed.
Now a pipe can be opened with the binary modes "r" (read) and
"w" (write), or with the text modes "rt" (read) and "wt" (write).
- Variants of the functions popen and popen8, which use an array of
parameters, have been added to shell.s7i.
- In tls.s7i the function gets has been changed to return as soon as
data is available. This behavior corresponds to the gets function
- Checks for the radix operator have been added to chkbig.sd7 and
- Interpreter and compiler have been improved such that the files
STD_IN, STD_OUT and STD_ERR are in binary mode.
- The function doRemove in chkccomp.c has been improved to check for
the presence of the file before it is removed.
- The function checkPopen has been been added to chkccomp.c.
- The function cmdShellEscape in cmd_rtl.c has been improved. Now all
characters except '\0;', '\n' and '\r' can be escaped ('\r' can be
escaped under Linux/Unix/BSD).
- Now there are two versions of cmdShellEscape and the define variable
ESCAPE_SHELL_COMMANDS decides which one is used.
- The function filPopen has been changed, to open a pipe in binary or
- In fil_rtl.c the function read_and_alloc_stri has been changed to
read the data into a list of buffers. Afterwards the string is
allocated, the data is copied and the buffer list is freed. This
improves the perfomance, when the file is a pipe.
- In fil_rtl.c the function doGetsFromTerminal has been changed to
check for a negative length.
- In soc_rtl.c the function read_and_alloc_stri has been added. This
function reads the data into a list of buffers. Afterwards the
string is allocated, the data is copied and the buffer list is
- In soc_rtl.c the function socGets has been improved to use
read_and_alloc_stri, when the requested length is larger than 1 MB.
- In soc_rtl.c the function socWrite has been improved to call send()
again, when not all data has been written.
- In prclib.c the functions prc_block_catch_all and
prc_block_otherwise have been improved to free the fail_stack.
This way the call stack that is written, when an exception
terminates the program, is always correct.
- The function escape_command in striutl.c has been improved.
- Verbose exceptions have been added to big_rtl.c, fil_rtl.c,
pol_sel.c, pol_unx.c and soc_rtl.c.
- The logging of C functions in big_rtl.c, cmd_rtl.c, fil_rtl.c,
hsh_rtl.c, int_rtl.c, pcs_rtl.c, pcs_unx.c, pcs_win.c, prg_comp.c,
soc_rtl.c, str_rtl.c, tim_dos.c, tim_rtl.c, tim_unx.c and tim_win.c
has been changed to use the macro logFunction.
- The definition of the macro logError has been removed from various
C files. The new definition of logError is in common.h.
- Trace output has been added to fil_rtl.c.
- Documentation comments have been improved in process.s7i shell.s7i,
socket.s7i, big_rtl.c, fillib.c
Seed7 Homepage: http://seed7.sourceforge.net
Seed7 - The extensible programming language: User defined statements
and operators, abstract data types, templates without special
syntax, OO with interfaces and multiple dispatch, statically typed,
interpreted or compiled, portable, runs under linux/unix/windows.
Return to the
Search the comp.compilers archives again.