|Seed7 Release 2015-03-22 firstname.lastname@example.org (2015-03-22)|
|Date:||Sun, 22 Mar 2015 15:09:07 -0700 (PDT)|
|Posted-Date:||23 Mar 2015 16:32:55 EDT|
I have released a new version of Seed7: seed7_05_20150322.tgz In the
Seed7 programming language new statements and operators can be
declared easily. Types are first class objects and therefore
templates/generics need no special syntax. Object orientation is used
when it brings advantages and not in places when other solutions are
Seed7 is covered by the GPL (and LGPL for the Seed7 runtime library).
- The program chkchr.sd7 has been added. This program checks the
correctness of the functions isLetter and width. Thanks go to
Arkady Kuleshov for providing chkchr.sd7.
- Interpreter and compiler have been improved to allow Unicode names.
This functionality is inspired by patches from Arkady Kuleshov.
Unicode names are switch off by default. They must be activated
with the pragma: $ names unicode;
- The library smtp.s7i, with support for SMTP (simple mail transfer
protocol), has been added.
- Interpreter and compiler have been changed to write an error
message, when a deprecated string escape sequence (e.g.: "\7\")
is used instead of a new escape sequence (e.g.: "\7;").
- The function getHttpLocation in gethttp.s7i has been improved to
handle IPv6 addresses correctly.
- In cli_cmds.s7i error messages have been added to doCopyCmd and
- Documentation comments have been added or improved in console.s7i,
ftp.s7i and cli_cmds.s7i.
- Checks for the function bigInteger have been added to chkbig.sd7.
- Checks for the integer for-loop have been added to chkprc.sd7.
- In big_rtl.c the functions bigParseBasedPow2 and bigParseBased2To36
have been improved to raise RANGE_ERROR when a digit is too big.
- The program chkccomp.c has been changed to use test programs for
various settings. This has been done to allow that chkccomp.c can
be compiled with any compiler (not just the one that is to be
- The function write_position_info has been added to runerr.c.
- In runerr.c the function write_call_stack has been improved to
catch the signal SIGSEGV.
- The function scan_symbol_utf8 has been added to scanner.c.
- The functions prot_cstri8 and prot_string have been added to
- The function escape_sequence in literal.c has been changed to write
an error when a deprecated string escape sequence is used.
- The function utf8_char in literal.c has been changed to save the
- The function basedValue in numlit.c has been changed to write the
error ILLEGALBASEDDIGIT with the correct digit.
- In prclib.c the functions prc_for_downto, prc_for_downto_step,
prc_for_to and prc_for_to_step have been changed such that the
loop variable has a defined value after the loop. After the
for-loop the loop variable must be beyond the upper bound (or below
the lower bound for for-downto-loops).
- In doany.c the functions do_flush, do_wrnl and do_wrstri have been
changed to allow that outfile is from a different program.
Seed7 Homepage: http://seed7.sourceforge.net
Seed7 - The extensible programming language: User defined statements
and operators, abstract data types, templates without special
syntax, OO with interfaces and multiple dispatch, statically typed,
interpreted or compiled, portable, runs under linux/unix/windows.
Return to the
Search the comp.compilers archives again.