|Seed7 Release 2015-03-08 firstname.lastname@example.org (2015-03-08)|
|Date:||Sun, 8 Mar 2015 14:51:06 -0700 (PDT)|
|Posted-Date:||08 Mar 2015 19:56:26 EDT|
I have released a new version of Seed7: seed7_05_20150308.tgz In the
Seed7 programming language new statements and operators can be
declared easily. Types are first class objects and therefore
templates/generics need no special syntax. Object orientation is used
when it brings advantages and not in places when other solutions are
Seed7 is covered by the GPL (and LGPL for the Seed7 runtime library).
- The compile time error messages have been improved. Now Unicode
characters in the error line are displayed correctly. Before they
have been displayed as question marks (?). When the error line is
written to a console the encoding of the operating system is used.
When stdout has been redirected to a file the error line is encoded
with UTF-8. Thanks go to Arkady Kuleshov for triggering this
improvement. The patch proposed by Arkady is based on stdout and
UTF-8. The actual implementation uses a different approach via the
console driver con_drv.h. The console driver uses UTF-16 under
windows (unless stdout has been redirected) and UTF-8 under
- The function getBinary has been added to bin64.s7i. This function
returns 64 bits from a bitset starting with a given bit number.
- The compiler has been changed to use the function getBinary to
generate bitset literals.
- Interpreter and compiler have been improved to support the actions
BIN_GET_BINARY_FROM_SET, PRC_FOR_DOWNTO_STEP and PRC_FOR_TO_STEP.
- The compiler function AppendWithDiagnostic has been renamed to
- The function appendWithDiagnostic in comp/debug.s7i has been
improved to add #line directives only when they are missing.
- The function defineTempConstant has been added to expr_util.s7i.
- The functions process_const_bin_radix and process_bin_radix in
comp/bin_act.s7i have been improved to use uintRadix() and
uintRadixPow2() for the actions BIN_radix and BIN_RADIX.
- The generation of for-loops in comp/prc_act.s7i has been improved.
- A definition of an integer for-loop with step has been added to
forloop.s7i. Before integer for-loops with step were defined with
the template FOR_STEP_DECLS.
- The functions prc_block, prc_block_catch_all, prc_block_otherwise,
prc_repeat and prc_while in prclib.c have been improved to check
for fail_flag with the macro unlikely().
- The functions check_for_int_to and check_for_int_downto in
chkprc.sd7 have been improved.
- The program err.sd7 has been improved.
- The program chkccomp.c has been changed to write the version
information to stdout when no file name has been provided as
- A definition of the macro chrStrMacro has been added to chr_rtl.h.
- The function utf8_char in literal.c has been changed to call
next_character() before reporting the errors CHAR_ILLEGAL,
OVERLONG_UTF8_ENCODING, UTF16_SURROGATE_CHAR_FOUND and
- The functions read_ustri8_line, ustri8_buffer_to_stri,
calculate_output_length, print_stri and read_and_print_line have
been added to error.c
Seed7 Homepage: http://seed7.sourceforge.net
Seed7 - The extensible programming language: User defined statements
and operators, abstract data types, templates without special
syntax, OO with interfaces and multiple dispatch, statically typed,
interpreted or compiled, portable, runs under linux/unix/windows.
Return to the
Search the comp.compilers archives again.