|Seed7 Release 2015-02-01 email@example.com (2015-02-01)|
|Date:||Sun, 1 Feb 2015 09:21:34 -0800 (PST)|
|Posted-Date:||02 Feb 2015 15:37:29 EST|
I have released a new version of Seed7: seed7_05_20150201.tgz In the
Seed7 programming language new statements and operators can be
declared easily. Types are first class objects and therefore
templates/generics need no special syntax. Object orientation is used
when it brings advantages and not in places when other solutions are
Seed7 is covered by the GPL (and LGPL for the Seed7 runtime library).
- The option -p of the interpreter (Specify a protocol file, for
trace output) has been documented in FAQ, s7.1 and in the help
function of the interpreter.
- The behavior of a Seed7 program, when it receives a signal, has
changed. Now a program is terminated, when it receives a signal.
The old behavior, that asks for RETURN or '*', is used when
interpreter or compiler are called with the option -ts.
- The option -ts of interpreter and compiler (Trace signals) has
been documented in FAQ, s7.1, s7c.1 and in the help functions of
- Documentation comments in integer.s7i, bigint.s7i and char.s7i have
- The function bitsetElemAsHex (in comp/set_act.s7i) has been
improved by a factor of 7 (measured with gcc and Valgrind).
- The operator sci has been improved in integer.s7i and bigint.s7i.
- The function check_sci, which checks the sci operator has been
added to chkint.sd7.
- The function check_str, which checks the str function has been
added to chkset.sd7.
- The function doRemoveCmd in cli_cmds.s7i has been improved to write
a message when the operation is not permitted.
- The compiler has been improved to generate better code for the
- The function check_string_mult, which checks string
multiplications, has been added to chkstr.sd7.
- The function bitsetNonZero has been added to set_rtl.c. This
function uses loop unrolling inspired by Duff's device.
- The function setNext (in set_rtl.c) has been changed to call
bitsetNonZero. This improves the speed of setNext by a factor of 2
(measured with gcc and Valgrind).
- The function strMult in str_rtl.c has been improved to use a binary
method for string multiplication. This improves the speed of
setMult by a factor of 2 (measured with gcc and Valgrind).
- The function drwEmpty has been added to drw_x11.c drw_win.c and
Seed7 Homepage: http://seed7.sourceforge.net
Seed7 - The extensible programming language: User defined statements
and operators, abstract data types, templates without special
syntax, OO with interfaces and multiple dispatch, statically typed,
interpreted or compiled, portable, runs under linux/unix/windows.
Return to the
Search the comp.compilers archives again.