|Seed7 Release 2014-09-21 email@example.com (2014-09-21)|
|Date:||Sun, 21 Sep 2014 14:21:33 -0700 (PDT)|
|Injection-Date:||Sun, 21 Sep 2014 21:21:33 +0000|
|Posted-Date:||23 Sep 2014 21:25:44 EDT|
I have released a new version of Seed7: seed7_05_20140921.tgz In the
Seed7 programming language new statements and operators can be
declared easily. Types are first class objects and therefore
templates/generics need no special syntax. Object orientation is used
when it brings advantages and not in places when other solutions are
Seed7 is covered by the GPL (and LGPL for the Seed7 runtime library).
- Access to MySql/MariaDb, SQLLite, PostgreSQL, Oracle and ODBC
databases has been added.
- The library sql_base.s7i has been added. This library provides
functions to connect to a database, to prepare statements, to
bind variables to prepared statements, to execute prepared
statements, to fetch data from the database and to get individual
columns from fetched data.
- A paragraph about the compilation of Seed7 with database
connections has been added to the FAQ.
- The example program sql7.sd7 has been added. This program connects
with a database, reads SQL commands and sends them to the database.
- The example program chkdb.sd7 has been added. This program checks
SQL statements with several databases. The database login data in
chkdb.sd7 must be adjusted to allow that opening the databases
- The library ftp.s7i and the program ftp7.sd7 have been improved to
accept connection strings of the form user:password@hostName .
- Interpreter and compiler have been improved to support databases.
- The compiler now adds parentheses arround comma expressions when
they are used as index. This changes have been done in the files
arr_act.s7i, bst_act.s7i and str_act.s7i.
- Database drivers consisting of the files dll_drv.h, dll_unx.c,
dll_win.c, sql_drv.h, sql_ite.c, sql_my.c, sql_oci.c, sql_odbc.c,
sql_post.c, sql_rtl.c, sql_rtl.h, sql_util.c, sql_util.h, sqllib.c
and sqllib.h have been added.
- The program wrdepend.c has been added. This program is used to
write C header dependencies to the file depend. It calls the C
compiler with -I options. The -I options come from the macro
INCLUDE_OPTIONS, which is defined in the file version.h.
- Database driver files have been added to makefiles.
Seed7 Homepage: http://seed7.sourceforge.net
Seed7 - The extensible programming language: User defined statements
and operators, abstract data types, templates without special
syntax, OO with interfaces and multiple dispatch, statically typed,
interpreted or compiled, portable, runs under linux/unix/windows.
Return to the
Search the comp.compilers archives again.