Comparison of Algorithms that Eliminate Reductions by Single Productions?

Evangelos Drikos <drikosev@otenet.gr>
Sun, 14 Sep 2014 07:28:28 +0300

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Comparison of Algorithms that Eliminate Reductions by Single Productio drikosev@otenet.gr (Evangelos Drikos) (2014-09-14)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: Evangelos Drikos <drikosev@otenet.gr>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: Sun, 14 Sep 2014 07:28:28 +0300
Posted-Date: 14 Sep 2014 17:03:28 EDT

Hi,

I'm looking for some indexes that could help me compare various methods
that Eliminate Reductions by Single Productions (ERSP); the phrase Unit
Production Elimination (UPE) is used interchangeably for such methods.

Specifically, I want to stress test an optimization to an ERSP method
implemented in a LALR builder and compare that method to similar ones.

So far, I've found statistical data only for Hyacc; some info is here:
http://hyacc.sourceforge.net/files/UPExt_SERP12.pdf

So, I'd like to ask for some references (e.g. other implementations).

Thanks,
Ev. Drikos