|Seed7 Release 2014-08-17 firstname.lastname@example.org (2014-08-17)|
|Date:||Sun, 17 Aug 2014 03:15:59 -0700 (PDT)|
|Posted-Date:||17 Aug 2014 13:16:17 EDT|
I have released a new version of Seed7: seed7_05_20140817.tgz In the
Seed7 programming language new statements and operators can be
declared easily. Types are first class objects and therefore
templates/generics need no special syntax. Object orientation is used
when it brings advantages and not in places when other solutions are
Seed7 is covered by the GPL (and LGPL for the Seed7 runtime library).
- The chapter about files in the manual has been improved.
- Variants of the for-each-loop with an until condition have been
added to array.s7i.
- The parse operator for characters has been improved to accept only
strings with a length of 1.
- The function trimValue has been introduced. This function trims a
string such that it can be converted to a specified type.
- The exception handlers for RANGE_ERROR have been removed from the
functions read and readln in enable_input.s7i. The functions read
and readln now raise range RANGE_ERROR when the conversion to the
target type fails.
- Occurances of io_ok, io_error, io_empty and io_filled have been
removed from the libraries. This undocumented feature was not used
for years. The function succeeds and the functions read and readln
with default value are better suited for error checking, when data
- The exception handlers in interpreter and compiler have been
improved to allow an otherwise part.
- The function succeeds has been introduced. This function executes
a statement and returns TRUE when no exception occurs.
- The example programs nicoma.sd7 and savehd7.sd7 have been improved
to use the new function succeeds.
- The parse operator for float has been changed to raise RANGE_ERROR
when leading whitespace is found.
- The library make.s7i has been improved to accept the commands
erase, xcopy, mv, move and rem.
- The library makedata.s7i has been improved to accept the macro
functions subst and patsubst.
- The reading of rules in makedata.s7i has been improved to read
commands without macro substitution. The macros in commands are
substituted just before the commands are executed.
- The make functions in make.s7i have been changed to raise
FILE_ERROR when a command fails.
- The function applyMacros in makedata.s7i has been improved to
accept macro functions and the shorthands of patsubst.
- The function replaceSuffixes in makedata.s7i has been improved to
accept pattern substitution with the % character.
- In the library make.s7i the logging has been removed from the
functions doRm, doCp, doPwd, doEcho, doCd, doMake, doOneCommand,
doCommands and processCommand.
- The program chkflt.sd7 has been adjusted to work with the strict
parse operator for float.
- Interpreter and compiler have been improved to support the actions
PRC_BLOCK_CATCH_ALL and PRC_BLOCK_OTHERWISE.
- The program sudo.c has been improved to work without upper limit
for the parameter length.
- The functions checkIfOutsideRange and negate have been added to
Seed7 Homepage: http://seed7.sourceforge.net
Seed7 - The extensible programming language: User defined statements
and operators, abstract data types, templates without special
syntax, OO with interfaces and multiple dispatch, statically typed,
interpreted or compiled, portable, runs under linux/unix/windows.
Return to the
Search the comp.compilers archives again.