|Seed7 Release 2014-08-03 email@example.com (2014-08-03)|
|Date:||Sun, 3 Aug 2014 03:52:18 -0700 (PDT)|
|Injection-Date:||Sun, 03 Aug 2014 10:52:18 +0000|
|Posted-Date:||03 Aug 2014 14:02:10 EDT|
I have released a new version of Seed7: seed7_05_20140803.tgz In the
Seed7 programming language new statements and operators can be
declared easily. Types are first class objects and therefore
templates/generics need no special syntax. Object orientation is used
when it brings advantages and not in places when other solutions are
Seed7 is covered by the GPL (and LGPL for the Seed7 runtime library).
- The handling of ctrl-c has been changed to work better under
- The runtime of the function intPowOvfChk in int_rtl.c has been
reduced to 57% (measured with gcc and valgrind).
- The generation of code in the compiler for the action INT_POW has
been improved. When the base is a negative power of two the
exponentiation is done with a shift instead of a call of intPow
- The overflow checking for INT_POW in the compiler has been
improved. When base or exponent is known the overflow checking is
done with inline code and intPow is called instead of intPowOvfChk.
- Documentation comments have been added to bitsetof.s7i
- Tests for ** have been added to chkint.sd7 and chkovf.st7
- The tests for * and *:= in chkovf.st7 have been reorganized.
- An interrupt_flag has been introduced in the interpreter. This flag
is used for exception handling and for signal handling. Exceptions
set interrupt_flag and fail_flag (with the macro set_fail_flag).
Signals set only the interrupt_flag (file sigutl.c). The
interrupt_flag is handled in exec_action (file exec.c).
- The functions signal_name, handle_signals, handle_segv_signal,
handle_term_signal and activate_signal_handlers in sigutl.c have
- The functions continue_question, write_curr_position and
show_signal in runerr.c have been improved.
- The functions handle_int_signal, readChar, doGetcFromTerminal,
doGetsFromTerminal, doLineRead, doLineReadFromTerminal, doWordRead,
doWordReadFromTerminal, filGetcChkCtrlC, filGetsChkCtrlC,
filHasNextChkCtrlC, filLineReadChkCtrlC and filWordReadChkCtrlC
have been added to fil_rtl.c. This functions support reading from
a terminal with a check for ctrl-c. This functions are used by the
interpreter (file intlib.c).
- Tracing has been added to functions in int_rtl.c.
- Configuration defines for CTRL_C_SENDS_EOF,
SIGNAL_HANDLER_CAN_DO_IO and INT64TYPE_NO_SUFFIX_BUT_CAST have been
added to makefiles.
Seed7 Homepage: http://seed7.sourceforge.net
Seed7 - The extensible programming language: User defined statements
and operators, abstract data types, templates without special
syntax, OO with interfaces and multiple dispatch, statically typed,
interpreted or compiled, portable, runs under linux/unix/windows.
Return to the
Search the comp.compilers archives again.