Re: Suitable compiler back-end Infrastructure

federation2005@netzero.com
Wed, 30 Jul 2014 17:44:38 -0700 (PDT)

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Suitable compiler back-end Infrastructure seimarao@gmail.com (Seima Rao) (2014-07-22)
Re: Suitable compiler back-end Infrastructure gah@ugcs.caltech.edu (glen herrmannsfeldt) (2014-07-23)
Re: Suitable compiler back-end Infrastructure federation2005@netzero.com (2014-07-30)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: federation2005@netzero.com
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2014 17:44:38 -0700 (PDT)
Posted-Date: 31 Jul 2014 13:33:25 EDT

If you look at the moderator note of one of the articles I recently
posted, you'll see a link to a section of the GCC documentation. The
other documents in the cache may also include details on the internals
of GCC.

Perhaps the moderator can say more about this.

The GAS (GNU Assembler) also have both extensive documentation and
source on line. This can be used as a basis for studying and surveying
preliminary to designing a back end.

Note also my recent article on the "most important feature of a
compiler" (i.e. the back end and run time system).
[The GCC documentation is all there on line. It's not awful, but
people who've hacked on GCC say it's no substitute for reading the
code. -John]