|Seed7 Release 2014-07-06 firstname.lastname@example.org (2014-07-06)|
|Date:||Sun, 6 Jul 2014 15:15:05 -0700 (PDT)|
|Posted-Date:||06 Jul 2014 19:14:29 EDT|
I have released a new version of Seed7: seed7_05_20140706.tgz In the
Seed7 programming language new statements and operators can be
declared easily. Types are first class objects and therefore
templates/generics need no special syntax. Object orientation is used
when it brings advantages and not in places when other solutions are
Seed7 is covered by the GPL (and LGPL for the Seed7 runtime library).
- The interpreter has been improved to recognize integer overflow.
Now the exception NUMERIC_ERROR is raised, when a program triggers
an integer overflow. The checks for overflow are done in software,
but the overhead is small. With overflow checks the interpreter
needs 0.5% (zero point five percent) more run-time to execute the
program chkint.sd7 (verified with gcc and valgrind).
- A chapter about the Seed7 Structured Syntax Description (S7SSD)
has been added to the manual.
- The for-until-loops in bitset.s7i and bitsetof.s7i have been
improved such that the for-variable has the correct value, when it
is used in the until-condition.
- The function replaceN has been added to string.s7i. This function
does replacements until no occurance of the target string is left.
This function is used by toStdPath to replace multiple occurances
of a character by one occurance (replace("/a///b////c", "//", "/")
- The program calc.sd7 has been renamed to calc7.sd7.
- The program calc7.sd7 has been changed to accept the commands
'quit' and 'exit'. This commands can be used to exit the program.
The possibility to leave the program with an empty input line has
- The program calc7.sd7 has been improved to write the name of the
exception, when it has been raised.
- The compiler has been improved to allow the generation of overflow
checking code. Overflow checking code can be generated for the
operators +, -, **, +:= and -:= and the functions abs, succ, pred,
incr and decr. Until the rest of the functions is implemented and
enough tests have been added to chkint.sd7 the functionality is
- The template FOR_UNTIL_DECLS has been added to forloop.s7i. This
template defines for-loops with a condition.
- The function abs has been moved from the library math.s7i to the
- Checks for addition, subtraction, multiplication, power and abs
have been added to chkint.sd7.
- In the compiler the statements to write the C prototypes have been
moved from s7c.sd7 to functions in the files comp/xxx_act.s7i
(xxx is the abbreviation for the corresponding primitive type).
- The functions getReference getParameterAsReference have been added
- The function isit_bool from objutl.c has been replaced by the macro
isit_bool (defined in objutl.h). This improves the speed of the
- The function set_card has been improved to call setCard, which
computes the cardinality of a set much quicker.
Seed7 Homepage: http://seed7.sourceforge.net
Seed7 - The extensible programming language: User defined statements
and operators, abstract data types, templates without special
syntax, OO with interfaces and multiple dispatch, statically typed,
interpreted or compiled, portable, runs under linux/unix/windows.
Return to the
Search the comp.compilers archives again.