|Seed7 Release 2014-05-04 firstname.lastname@example.org (2014-05-04)|
|Date:||Sun, 4 May 2014 12:10:33 -0700 (PDT)|
|Posted-Date:||04 May 2014 15:34:56 EDT|
I have released a new version of Seed7: seed7_05_20140504.tgz In the
Seed7 programming language new statements and operators can be
declared easily. Types are first class objects and therefore
templates/generics need no special syntax. Object orientation is used
when it brings advantages and not in places when other solutions are
Seed7 is covered by the GPL (and LGPL for the Seed7 runtime library).
- The answer concerning Unicode support in the FAQ has been improved.
- The chapters in the manual that describe the types integer,
bigInteger, rational, bigRational and float have been improved.
- The function log10 has been added to the libraries integer.s7i and
bigint.s7i. This function computes the truncated base 10 logarithm.
- The operator sci has been added to the libraries integer.s7i,
bigInteger.s7i, bigrat.s7i and rational.s7i. This operator converts
a number to a string in scientific notation. Halfway cases are
rounded away from zero.
- The function round10 has been added to the libraries rational.s7i
and bigrat.s7i. It rounds halfway cases away from zero.
- The function str has been improved in the libraries rational.s7i
and bigrat.s7i. Now the function converts to a string with a
decimal representation (e.g.: "1.25"). When repeating decimals are
recognizend they are enclosed in parentheses.
- The operator digits has been improved in the libraries rational.s7i
and bigrat.s7i. Now the operator rounds halfway cases away from
- Documentation comments have been improved in bigint.s7i, float.s7i,
rational.s7i, bigrat.s7i, char.s7i, big_gmp.c and fltlib.c.
- Definitions of the constants integer.first and integer.last have
been added to integer.s7i.
- In bigrat.s7i and rational.s7i the function reduce has been
improved to accept Infinity and NaN.
- The function strDateTime has been added to time.s7i.
- A definition of INTTYPE_DECIMAL_SIZE has been added to s7c.sd7 and
- The function bigGcd in big_rtl.c has been improved to make sure
that the greatest common divisor is positive or zero.
- Checks for log10, **, +:= and -:= have been added to chkbig.sd7.
- The checks for log2 have been improved and checks for log10 have
been added to chkint.sd7.
- Checks for the function str have been added to chkflt.sd7.
- The compiler has been improved to use the functions
bigIPowSignedDigit and bigGrowSignedDigit to optimize the operators
**, +:= and -:= for bigInteger operands.
- The compiler has been improved to support the actions INT_LOG10 and
- The function isPureFunction in the compiler has been improved.
- The functions bigGrowSignedDigit and bigLog10 have been added to
big_rtl.c and big_gmp.c.
- The program chkccomp.c has been improved to write definitions of
the macros isinf, DOUBLE_DECIMAL_EXPONENT_DIGITS, FLOAT_STR_FORMAT,
FLOAT_STR_LARGE_NUMBER, DOUBLE_STR_FORMAT, DOUBLE_STR_LARGE_NUMBER,
FLOAT_MANTISSA_FACTOR, FLOAT_MANTISSA_SHIFT, DOUBLE_MANTISSA_FACTOR
- The functions fltDgts and fltSci in flt_rtl.c have been changed to
raise RANGE_ERROR when the precision is negative.
- The function fltStri in flt_rtl.c has been improved to write a
reasonable number of fractional digits.
- The functions getMantissaAndExponent, setMantissaAndExponent and
doubleToCharBuffer have been added to flt_rtl.c.
- The function intLog10 has been added to int_rtl.c.
- The function stri_to_wstri has been renamed to stri_to_utf16.
- The functions stri_to_wstri_buf and wstri_buf_to_stri have been
added to striutl.c.
Seed7 Homepage: http://seed7.sourceforge.net
Seed7 - The extensible programming language: User defined statements
and operators, abstract data types, templates without special
syntax, OO with interfaces and multiple dispatch, statically typed,
interpreted or compiled, portable, runs under linux/unix/windows.
Return to the
Search the comp.compilers archives again.