|Seed7 Release 2014-04-20 email@example.com (2014-04-20)|
|Date:||Sun, 20 Apr 2014 13:23:54 -0700 (PDT)|
|Posted-Date:||21 Apr 2014 12:29:57 EDT|
I have released a new version of Seed7: seed7_05_20140420.tgz In the
Seed7 programming language new statements and operators can be
declared easily. Types are first class objects and therefore
templates/generics need no special syntax. Object orientation is used
when it brings advantages and not in places when other solutions are
Seed7 is covered by the GPL (and LGPL for the Seed7 runtime library).
- The chapter in the manual about the foreign function interface has
- A paragraph about regular expressions and lexical scanner functions
has been added to the FAQ.
- The handling of the actions CHR_CLIT and INT_STRI in the compiler
has been improved. The string buffers for chrCLitToBuffer and
intStrToBuffer use the correct alignment now.
- In big_rtl.c the functions bigParseBasedPow2 and bigParseBased2To36
have been added and bigParseBased has been changed to call them.
This improves the conversion of a string to a bigInteger, when the
base is a power of two. Valgrind measurements of the function
bigParseBased in chkbig.sd7 show a speed improvement with a factor
- The macros memcpy_to_strelem and memset_to_strelem (defined in
striutl.h) have been turned into functions (defined in striutl.c).
- The unrolling in memcpy_to_strelem and memset_to_strelem has been
changed from 8 times to 32 times. This improves the performance
for big data amounts by 16% (Measured with valgrind and gcc).
- Usages of the macros memcpy_to_strelem and memset_to_strelem in
bst_rtl.c, fil_rtl.c, soc_rtl.c and str_rtl.c have been turned into
usages of the corresponding functions.
- Calls of cstri_expand, ustri_expand, cstri_expand2 and
ustri_expand2 in analyze.c, chr_rtl.c, flt_rtl.c, infile.c,
str_rtl.c and striutl.c have been turned into calls of
- The functions (macros) cstri_expand, ustri_expand, cstri_expand2
and ustri_expand2 have been removed from striutl.c and striutl.h.
- The functions doCompileAndLink, compileAndLinkWithOptionsOk,
compileAndLinkOk, appendToFile and detemineDatabaseDefines have
been added to chkccomp.c. The function compilationOkay has been
replaced by compileAndLinkOk.
Seed7 Homepage: http://seed7.sourceforge.net
Seed7 - The extensible programming language: User defined statements
and operators, abstract data types, templates without special
syntax, OO with interfaces and multiple dispatch, statically typed,
interpreted or compiled, portable, runs under linux/unix/windows.
Return to the
Search the comp.compilers archives again.