|Seed7 Release 2014-04-06 firstname.lastname@example.org (2014-04-06)|
|Date:||Sun, 6 Apr 2014 12:00:52 -0700 (PDT)|
|Posted-Date:||07 Apr 2014 23:38:13 EDT|
I have released a new version of Seed7: seed7_05_20140406.tgz In the
Seed7 programming language new statements and operators can be
declared easily. Types are first class objects and therefore
templates/generics need no special syntax. Object orientation is used
when it brings advantages and not in places when other solutions are
Seed7 is covered by the GPL (and LGPL for the Seed7 runtime library).
- The chapters in the manual about primitive actions and the foreign
function interface have been improved.
- The names of the C types used in interpreter and runtime library
have been refactored to use camel case.
- The elements in the unions valueUnion (in data.h) and rtlValueUnion
(in data_rtl.h and s7c.sd7) have been refactored to use names with
- The library bigint.s7i has been changed to define the operators
radix and RADIX with the actions BIG_radix and BIG_RADIX. This
results in a significant performance improvement when large numbers
- Interpreter and compiler have been improved to support the actions
BIG_radix and BIG_RADIX.
- Testcases for the operators radix and RADIX have been added to
- The compiler has been improved to do an optimization for the action
INT_MDIV when the divisor is known at compile time. When the
dividend is known to be positive or zero it is casted to an
unsigned integer and the quotient is casted back to a signed
integer. Dividing an unsigned integer by a constant is known to be
faster than dividing a signed integer.
- The functions bigRadix, bigRadixPow2, bigRadix2To36 and
uBigDivideByDigit have been added to big_rtl.c
- The function bigRadix has been added to big_gmp.c.
- The functions stri_to_cstri8_buf and cstri8_buf_to_stri have been
added to striutl.c.
- In traceutl.c the function mapTraceFlags has been improved to work
correctly when the parameter trace_level defines several options.
- The function printTraceOptions has been added to traceutl.c.
- In arr_rtl.c the definition of getArgv has been improved to use
less #ifdef directives in the function body.
Seed7 Homepage: http://seed7.sourceforge.net
Seed7 - The extensible programming language: User defined statements
and operators, abstract data types, templates without special
syntax, OO with interfaces and multiple dispatch, statically typed,
interpreted or compiled, portable, runs under linux/unix/windows.
Return to the
Search the comp.compilers archives again.