|Seed7 Release 2013-03-17 email@example.com (2013-03-17)|
|Date:||Sun, 17 Mar 2013 12:01:19 -0700 (PDT)|
|Posted-Date:||19 Mar 2013 09:56:47 EDT|
I have released a new version of Seed7: seed7_05_20130317.tgz In the
Seed7 programming language new statements and operators can be
declared easily. Types are first class objects and therefore
templates/generics need no special syntax. Object orientation is used
when it brings advantages and not in places when other solutions are
Seed7 is covered by the GPL (and LGPL for the Seed7 runtime library).
- The FAQ explanations concerning, what kind of programs can be
written in Seed7 and the automatic memory management of Seed7, have
- The compiler (s7c) has been improved to use the function
strConcatN, when three or more strings are concatenated.
- The compiler has been improved to define and use dynamic (virtual)
destructors for interface types. The function itfCreate is used as
- In the compiler the function init_string_constants_with_slices has
been improved, to store the characters of string constants with
- The compiler functions prepare_typed_result, process_itf_cpy,
process_itf_to_interface and process_ref_trace have been improved.
- In str_rtl.c the functions strIPos2 and strPos2 have been added.
This functions use a modified BoyerMoore string search algorithm.
- The performance of the function replace2 (library string.s7i) has
- The example programs tetg.sd7 and tet.sd7 have been changed to
abstain from using an outdated language feature. Now this programs
can be compiled.
- Parameter names have been added to seed7_05.s7i, pixmap_file.s7i,
bitset.s7i, dialog.s7i, hash.s7i, console.s7i and string.s7i.
- In sctlib.c and itflib.c the functions sct_cpy, sct_create,
sct_destr, itf_cpy, itf_cpy2, itf_create, itf_create2, itf_destr
and itf_to_interface have been improved to use reference counting
(usage_count) for all objects of the category STRUCTOBJECT.
- The support for the actions ITF_TO_HEAP and REF_BUILD has been
removed from the interpreter.
- Support for the action REF_GETREF has been added to interpreter and
- The functions itf_to_heap (in itflib.c) and ref_build (in reflib.c)
have been removed.
- The function refItftosct (in ref_data.c) has been renamed to
refItfToSct. The function ref_itftosct (in reflib.c) and the
compiler have been changed to use the new function name.
- The types smallpriortype and prior_type have been replaced by
prioritytype in common.h, data.h, expr.c, expr.h, findid.h,
syntax.c, token.c and token.h.
- In itf_rtl.c the function itfCreate has been added and the function
itfDestr has been removed.
- Usages of the function stri_charpos in analyze.c and prclib.c have
been replaced by calls of strChPos.
- In executl.c the function crea_struct has been introduced and the
function any_var_initialisation has been replaced by the functions
sct_elem_initialisation and arr_elem_initialisation.
- The function prot_block has been added to traceutl.c.
Seed7 Homepage: http://seed7.sourceforge.net
Seed7 - The extensible programming language: User defined statements
and operators, abstract data types, templates without special
syntax, OO with interfaces and multiple dispatch, statically typed,
interpreted or compiled, portable, runs under linux/unix/windows.
Return to the
Search the comp.compilers archives again.