|Seed7 Release 2013-01-20 firstname.lastname@example.org (2013-01-20)|
|Date:||Sun, 20 Jan 2013 12:45:31 -0800 (PST)|
|Posted-Date:||21 Jan 2013 21:07:42 EST|
I have released a new version of Seed7: seed7_05_20130120.tgz In the
Seed7 programming language new statements and operators can be
declared easily. Types are first class objects and therefore
templates/generics need no special syntax. Object orientation is used
when it brings advantages and not in places when other solutions are
Seed7 is covered by the GPL (and LGPL for the Seed7 runtime library).
- Interpreter and compiler have been improved to support the option
-l. This option allows adding a directory to the include library
search path (e.g.: -l ../lib).
- The compiler (s7c) has been improved to support the option -b.
With -b the directory of the Seed7 runtime libraries can be
specified (e.g.: -b ../bin).
- The target s7c in the makefiles has been changed to take advantage
of the options -l and -b. Now packages can compile the Seed7
compiler without a post install step.
- Additional function variants of parseFile, parseStri and execute
have been added to the library progs.s7i. The new functions allow
a detailed specification of parse and execution options.
- The library gzip.s7c has been improved to decode also blocks with
fixed Huffman codes. This type of block is almost never used since
dynamic Huffman codes compress better.
- The parsing of bigInteger literals has been improved to support
literals with bases other than 10 (e.g.: 16#FEDCBA98765434210_).
- The integer and bigInteger functions str (conversion to string)
have been changed to use lower case characters for digits larger
than 9. Now str(48879, 16) returns "beef" instead of "BEEF".
- The program make7.sd7 and the library make.s7i have been improved
to support multiple targets and the option -C.
- The Seed7 compiler has been improved to generate special inline
code for the case that the C floating point division by zero does
not result in Infinity, -Infinity or NaN (not a number).
- The functions chkLiteral and chkBitLength as well as checks for
shifts with negative shift count have been added to the program
- The function check_division as well as has checks for the operator
/:= (in check_nan) have been added to the program chkflt.sd7.
- The function check_str in chkint.sd7 has been improved to check
the new behaviour of the function str with a give base.
- The makefile mk_clang.mak has been added to support compilation
with the clang C compiler.
- The explanations of possible compilation errors in src/read_me.txt
have been improved.
- The functions interpreterPath and callOwnProgram have been removed
from the libraries environment.s7i respectively shell.s7i. This
functions were not used in any example program.
- The support for the interpreter option -m (use less memory during
the analyzing phase) has been removed. On many systems it was a
- Result variables have been renamed in various libraries and example
- The functions find_include_file, print_lib_path, append_to_lib_path
and init_lib_path have been moved from infile.c to the new file
- The function gen_rtl_array has been defined in the new file
arrutl.c. The function is used in the files cmdlib.c (functions
cmd_pipe2, cmd_pty, cmd_start_process) and prglib.c (functions
prg_exec, prg_fil_parse, prg_str_parse).
- The interpreter/compiler improvements (option -l) and the new
function variants in progs.s7i have been realized with changes in
prg_comp.c, analyze.c, data.h, infile.c, infile.h, info.c, option.h
- The functions prgExec, prgFilParse and prgStrParse in prg_comp.c
have been improved to support additional parse and execution
- The function interpr has been renamed to interpret and moved from
exec.c to prg_comp.c.
- The function copy_args has been moved from prclib.c to prg_comp.c.
- In traceutl.c the function set_trace has been changed and the
function set_trace2 has been removed. The functions mapTraceFlags,
mapTraceFlags2 and set_protfile_name have been added.
- The functions uBigMultiplyAndAdd and bigParseBased have been added
- In big_gmp.c the functions bigBitLength, bigLShift, bigRShift,
bigLShiftAssign, bigRShiftAssign, bigParse, and bigToInt32 have
been improved and bigParseBased has been added.
- To support bigInteger literals with base the file numlit.c has been
changed. The function readBigBased has been added and readinteger
has been removed. Several functions in numlit.c have been renamed.
Seed7 Homepage: http://seed7.sourceforge.net
Seed7 - The extensible programming language: User defined statements
and operators, abstract data types, templates without special
syntax, OO with interfaces and multiple dispatch, statically typed,
interpreted or compiled, portable, runs under linux/unix/windows.
Return to the
Search the comp.compilers archives again.