Green Compiler ?

Abid <abidmuslim@gmail.com>
Thu, 20 Dec 2012 02:00:09 -0800 (PST)

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Green Compiler ? abidmuslim@gmail.com (Abid) (2012-12-20)
Re: Green Compiler ? gah@ugcs.caltech.edu (glen herrmannsfeldt) (2012-12-23)
Re: Green Compiler ? nmh@t3x.org (Nils M Holm) (2012-12-23)
Re: Green Compiler ? DrDiettrich1@aol.com (Hans-Peter Diettrich) (2012-12-24)
Re: Green Compiler ? z80eu@arcor.de (Peter Dassow) (2012-12-26)
Re: Green Compiler ? anton@mips.complang.tuwien.ac.at (2012-12-27)
Re: Green Compiler ? gah@ugcs.caltech.edu (glen herrmannsfeldt) (2012-12-28)

From: Abid <abidmuslim@gmail.com>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2012 02:00:09 -0800 (PST)
Posted-Date: 22 Dec 2012 14:15:31 EST

Hi:

It seems that the Power Wall is becoming a major issue, especially for High
Performance Computing. Current compilers work has two dimensional model, i.e.,
all the optimization phases are targeted either towards reducing execution
time or code size. My question is: Do we need to change this model and make it
three dimensional by adding power axis in the search space? If yes, then we
have to revisit all the phases and adjust them or come up with new cost
models for these phases.

I will be grateful if some one can point me to the latest efforts/projects
with respect to power efficient compilation for high performance computing.

Thanks