|Seed7 Release 2012-03-04 email@example.com (2012-03-04)|
|Date:||Sun, 4 Mar 2012 13:03:03 -0800 (PST)|
|Posted-Date:||04 Mar 2012 17:28:47 EST|
I have released a new version of Seed7: seed7_05_20120304.tgz
In the Seed7 programming language new statements and operators
can be declared easily. Types are first class objects and therefore
templates/generics need no special syntax. Object orientation is
used when it brings advantages and not in places when other
solutions are more obvious.
Seed7 is covered by the GPL (and LGPL for the Seed7 runtime library).
- A call of clearerr(stdin) was added to the function
kbdKeyPressed() in the file "kbd_inf.c". This fixes a bug, which
happend under FreeBSD (thanks to Pietro Cerutti for pointing out
the error and for suggesting this fix).
- The FAQ answer, which explains the portability of Seed7, was
- The function 'copyFile' was added to the library "file.s7i" and
the files "ftp.s7i" and "ftpserv.sd7" were changed to use it.
- The function 'removeFile' was added to the library "ftp.s7i".
- The function 'signOn' was added to the libraries "listener.s7i"
- The function 'signOff' was improved in "listener.s7i" and
"socket.s7i", to use a 'socket' instead of a 'PRIMITIVE_SOCKET'
- The "gkbd.sd7" example program was improved.
- The "panic.sd7" example program was improved to use DRAW_FLUSH
- The function 'readDir' was added to "osfiles.s7i" as replacement
for 'read_dir'. The function 'read_dir' is deprecated and
should not be used.
- The functions 'open_dir' and 'open_dir_path' were renamed to
'openDir' and 'openDirPath' respectively.
- The functions 'find_window', 'enter_window', 'remove_window' and
'gkbWindow' were moved from "drw_x11.c" to "gkb_x11.c".
- Trace statements were added to "drw_x11.c" and "gkb_x11.c".
- A description of several C preprocessor macros used in "version.h"
was added to the file "src/read_me.txt".
- The makefiles "mk_bcc32.mak", "mk_bccv5.mak", "mk_cygw.mak",
"mk_mingw.mak", "mk_msvc.mak", "mk_msys.mak" and "mk_nmake.mak"
were changed to write a definition of QUOTE_WHOLE_SHELL_COMMAND to
Greetings Thomas Mertes
Seed7 Homepage: http://seed7.sourceforge.net
Seed7 - The extensible programming language: User defined statements
and operators, abstract data types, templates without special
syntax, OO with interfaces and multiple dispatch, statically typed,
interpreted or compiled, portable, runs under linux/unix/windows.
Return to the
Search the comp.compilers archives again.