Compiler positions available for week ending December 18

"comp.compilers" <compilers@iecc.com>
18 Dec 2011 08:59:39 -0000

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Compiler positions available for week ending December 18 compilers@iecc.com (comp.compilers) (2005-12-19)
Compiler positions available for week ending December 18 compilers@iecc.com (comp.compilers) (2011-12-18)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: "comp.compilers" <compilers@iecc.com>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 18 Dec 2011 08:59:39 -0000
Posted-Date: 18 Dec 2011 17:25:49 EST

This is a digest of ``help wanted'' and ``position available'' messages
received at comp.compilers during the preceding week. Messages must
advertise a position having something to do with compilers and must also
conform to the guidelines periodically posted in misc.jobs.offered.
Positions that remain open may be re-advertised once a month. To respond
to a job offer, send mail to the author of the message. To submit a
message, mail it to compilers@iecc.com.

-------------------------------

From: Scott Spears <Scott.Spears@rms.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2011 11:50:54 -0800
Subject: Sr. Compiler Software Engineer - SF Bay Area

Title: Sr. Compiler Software Engineer
Location: Newark, CA
Contact: scott.spears@rms.com or apply directly at
http://www.rms.com/careers/jobs/job.asp?req=12035

Job Description:

In this position, you will help build core Financial Engines and Delivery
Infrastructure in the Cloud.

This will be an opportunity to play a key role in innovating from the ground
up as we create our next generation of solutions for the cloud. We would like
you to bring your ideas and considerable software engineering skills to our
small, growing team.

We're working on exciting projects that change how the industry does business.
We're building a language and compiler to describe financial contracts. We
simulate these in distributed high throughput data environments. We'll build
visualization. In the cloud, we deliver as a RESTful web service. We are
evaluating GPGPU solutions.

If you're enthusiastic about building new solutions, derive joy from learning
new technologies, excel at communicating with others to figure out what to
build, and want to take responsibility, grow and deliver the solutions, we
want to hear from you.

Essentially, we're looking for great programmers who're smart and motivated.

Exceptional programming skills - experience in one OO language of choice (C++,
C#) writing substantial volume of code.

* Experience building compilers with good understanding of dataflow, graphs
and trees. Desire to branch out into non-traditional compiler work.
* Experience of optimization techniques and using performance monitoring and
memory profiling tools
* Demonstrated team or project leadership roles.
* Excellent command of written and spoken English
* Track record of building high performance, production quality software on
schedule.
* Strong engineering discipline: you document, measure, test and tune what you
build.
* BS/MS in Computer Science or related field.
In addition, extra weight will be given to these candidates:

* Experience or interest in programming accelerators (GPGPU, FPGA).
* Worked with or developed probabilistic simulation models

Founded in 1989 as a spinoff of research done at Stanford University, today
RMS is the world leader in catastrophe risk modeling. From earthquakes,
hurricanes, and floods to terrorism, longevity, and infectious diseases, our
models provide critical risk management solutions to financial institutions
around the world. Based in our Silicon Valley headquarters and with offices
throughout North America, Europe, and Asia, our team of more than 950
professionals may be larger than it used to be, but we're still as ambitious
and innovative as ever. Whether quantifying risks due to climate change,
simulating how medical breakthroughs could extend life expectancy, delivering
supercomputing in the cloud, or transforming an industry with our next
generation technology platform, our passion is innovation driven by the
courage to tackle problems others reject as unsolvable.
At RMS, we believe the result of deeper knowledge is positive change. Our
ultimate goal is to create a more sustainable and resilient world through a
better understanding of catastrophic events. To find out more, visit
www.rms.com. RMS is proud to be an equal opportunity employer

If interested, please email resume to scott.spears@rms.com or apply directly

From: "George at Blueprint Recruiting, Inc." <george@blueprintjobs.com>
Subject: (JOB) We are seeking => Sr Compiler Engineer - Mountain View, CA
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2011 12:02:48 -0800

Our client is a public Semiconductor company founded in 1986, considered the
the world leader in providing technology solutions used to develop
electronics and electronic systems. They supply the electronic design
automation (EDA) software that engineers use to design, create prototypes
for and test integrated circuits, also known as chips.

Please review the job descriptions below and if you or any of your
associates are interested please submit your resume.
This is a full-time position in Mountain View, CA.

Sr Compiler Engineer
Ideal candidate would be someone with back-end GCC development experience.
Client will consider someone who has done serious work for 5-10 years with
other compiler back-ends and have a basic understanding and willingness to
work with gcc back-end.

They are a team working on producing the highly optimized compiler toolchain
for family of 32-bit configurable processors. We are looking for an engineer
like you to be part of the team to work on a world-class highly optimizing
compiler toolchain that produces very fast and tight code to help customers
develop very sophisticated embedded applications.

Here are the main tasks:
1. Enhanced support for new processor and ISA versions
2. Upgrade our current port to match the latest or more recent version
of their equivalent open source components. (gcc, binutils, libs, etc.)
3. Support Android and Linux development teams with their needs for
the toolchain.

Qualifications:
        * Minimum of 5+ years of related experience
        * Thorough understanding of the compiler and other related development
tools internals
        * Extensive knowledge and experience with the compiler development
        * Knowledge of compiler backend technologies such as register
allocation, instruction scheduling, loop transformations, peephole
optimizations, etc
        * Expert-level design, coding and debugging skills
        * Knowledge of processors and ISA is a plus
        * Experience with the implementation of embedded processor development
tools is desirable
        * Experience with the development tools such as SVN and Bugzilla

* Excellent teamwork and communication skills
* BSCS degree or equivalent, MSCS preferred

Starting Date : ASAP
Salary Range: Based on experience.

To apply: please email your resume in MS Word format, state your salary
requirement, and let me know if you have proper authorization to work in the
USA to: george@blueprintjobs.com.