A new Java-ish programming language: Meso

Stefan Hong <stefan.hong@gmail.com>
Sun, 20 Nov 2011 15:32:07 -0800

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
A new Java-ish programming language: Meso stefan.hong@gmail.com (Stefan Hong) (2011-11-20)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: Stefan Hong <stefan.hong@gmail.com>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: Sun, 20 Nov 2011 15:32:07 -0800
Posted-Date: 21 Nov 2011 11:08:38 EST

Syntax-wise, Meso looks almost identical to Java, except some differences in
the package and import statements. But if you understand how Meso's import
statement works, you will realize that Meso is actually very different from
Java.

I created this language to demonstrate a new network programming paradigm in
which programs link to each other in a similar way as web pages link to each
other. I applied this idea to the Java language and created Meso, but the
same idea can be applied to many other languages.

The source code of Meso is published on github under the GPL v3, and I am
currently working on an IDE for it. If you are looking for a fun project to
work on during the holidays, why not give it a try :)

Here is the project website: http://gpgrid.org

Stefan