Compiler positions available for week ending November 20

"comp.compilers" <compilers@iecc.com>
20 Nov 2011 08:59:39 -0000

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Compiler positions available for week ending November 20 compilers@iecc.com (comp.compilers) (2005-11-21)
Compiler positions available for week ending November 20 compilers@iecc.com (comp.compilers) (2011-11-20)
Compiler positions available for week ending November 20 compilers-jobs@iecc.com (1994-11-20)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: "comp.compilers" <compilers@iecc.com>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 20 Nov 2011 08:59:39 -0000
Posted-Date: 21 Nov 2011 11:08:02 EST

This is a digest of ``help wanted'' and ``position available'' messages
received at comp.compilers during the preceding week. Messages must
advertise a position having something to do with compilers and must also
conform to the guidelines periodically posted in misc.jobs.offered.
Positions that remain open may be re-advertised once a month. To respond
to a job offer, send mail to the author of the message. To submit a
message, mail it to compilers@iecc.com.

-------------------------------

From: Martin Vechev <martin.vechev@gmail.com>
Subject: PhD and Postdoc positions at ETH Zurich
Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2011 16:43:07 -0800 (PST)

The newly formed Software Reliability Lab (SRL) at ETH Zurich is
recruiting PhD students and postdocs to do research in (one or more
of) the following areas:

- Static and dynamic program analysis
- Synthesis and verification of concurrent programs
- Programming languages

More information about our research can be found at:
http://www.srl.inf.ethz.ch/research.php

Key requirements for successful applicants:

- Strong interest and commitment to research
- Interest in combining theory and practice
- Competency in English
- For PhD: Excellent B.Sc. or M.Sc. degree in Computer Science (or
related)
    For postdoc: PhD degree in Computer Science; publications in
international venues

Applications and questions should be sent to Prof. Dr. Martin Vechev
at: jobs-srl@inf.ethz.ch
The application should include a CV and description of research
interests.

More details about the positions:

- A PhD or a postdoc position is a regular job with attractive salary
and social benefits.
- A position is for a maximum of 6 years.
- One of the top computer science departments in the world.
- Zurich is consistently ranked among the top destinations in the
world for quality of life.
- General information on doctoral studies at ETH: http://www.ethz.ch/doctorate/index_EN

-------------------------------

Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2011 17:16:53 +0000
Subject: compiler jobs at Semmle (Oxford UK)
From: Oege de Moor <oege@semmle.co.uk>

I'm looking for passionate software engineers, with expertise in
compiler engineering, to join our company in
central Oxford, UK.

You need to be very smart, a very good programmer, handy with scripts
and build systems, and (at least for an initial period) willing to
travel abroad to work with customers. In return we can offer an
incredibly exciting environment to work in, good compensation, and the
opportunity to contribute to a revolutionary technology that is
already proven at high-profile clients.

Here are some further details of open positions:

http://semmle.com/download-files/recruit.pdf

Sounds good? Then send me an email, I'd love to talk!

-Oege

PS We publish about our technology at POPL, SIGMOD, PODS, OOPSLA, ...
this is that rare combination of great business and great science.

Oege de Moor
Professor of Computer Science, University of Oxford
CEO, Semmle Ltd
oege@semmle.com