|Seed7 Release 2011-09-18 firstname.lastname@example.org (tm) (2011-09-18)|
|Date:||Sun, 18 Sep 2011 07:45:31 -0700 (PDT)|
|Posted-Date:||18 Sep 2011 21:15:06 EDT|
I have released a new version of Seed7: seed7_05_20110918.tgz
In the Seed7 programming language new statements and operators
can be declared easily. Types are first class objects and therefore
templates/generics need no special syntax. Object orientation is
used when it brings advantages and not in places when other
solutions are more obvious.
Seed7 is covered by the GPL (and LGPL for the Seed7 runtime library).
- Support for 'drwGetPixel' was added to the compiler (thanks to
DJ Redick, for reporting compilation problems with wator.sd7").
- FAQ answers, explaining how interpreter and compiler look for
include libraries, were improved.
- The function 'str', which converts a bigInteger number to a string
representation with a given base, was added to "bigint.s7i".
- Documentation comments in "float.s7i" and "socket.s7i" were
- In "float.s7i" the function 'isnan' was renamed to 'isNaN' and the
function 'isNegativeZero' was added.
- Runtime library and compiler (comp.sd7) were improved, such that
float operations work according to IEEE 754.
- The test program "chkflt.sd7" was improved to check IEEE 754
floating point conformance.
- The program "chk_all.sd7" was improved to call "chkflt.sd7".
- The "bas7" example program was improved (functions 'ERL' and 'LIST'
added, division by zero handled correctly).
- BigInteger multiplication in the compiler was improved to use
'bigSquare', when a number is multiplied with itself.
- The compiler was improved to take into account that the actions
"SCR_" were renamed to "CON_".
- The performance of 'bigCmp' and 'bigFromInt32' in "big_rtl.c", was
- The program "chkccomp.c" was improved to check the IEEE 754
support. It checks comparisons with NaN, the creation of negative
Zero and the 'pow' function with a zero base.
- To reach IEEE 754 floating point conformance the functions flt_cmp,
flt_eq, flt_ge, flt_gt, flt_isnegativezero, flt_le, flt_lt, flt_ne,
flt_pow in "fltlib.c" and the functions setupFloat, fltCmp, fltEq,
fltGe, fltGt, fltIsNegativeZero, fltLe, fltLt, fltPow, fltStr in
"flt_rtl.c" were added or improved.
- The makefiles were improved to link "chkccomp.c" with the math
library (e.g.: -lm).
Greetings Thomas Mertes
Seed7 Homepage: http://seed7.sourceforge.net
Seed7 - The extensible programming language: User defined statements
and operators, abstract data types, templates without special
syntax, OO with interfaces and multiple dispatch, statically typed,
interpreted or compiled, portable, runs under linux/unix/windows.
Return to the
Search the comp.compilers archives again.