grammar based programming

"compiler.ddj@h-rd.org" <compiler.ddj@h-rd.org>
Mon, 08 Aug 2011 20:50:18 +0200

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
grammar based programming compiler.ddj@h-rd.org (compiler.ddj@h-rd.org) (2011-08-08)
Re: grammar based programming gene.ressler@gmail.com (Gene) (2011-08-12)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: "compiler.ddj@h-rd.org" <compiler.ddj@h-rd.org>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: Mon, 08 Aug 2011 20:50:18 +0200
Posted-Date: 08 Aug 2011 17:59:17 EDT

Dear compilers readers,

recently I got interested in trying to use a grammar like approach to
programming. My ideas were a bit inspired by PEG implementations and
their usual capability of semantic actions. Basically programming in
something like BNF. Do you know some references or links or the
proper name for grammar based programming? I only found two papers:

Constructing Programs as Executable Attribute Grammars by Frost (
http://cs.uwindsor.ca/~richard/PUBLICATIONS/COMPJ_92.pdf )

Programming with Grammars by Hehner (
http://www.cs.toronto.edu/~hehner/PwG.pdf )

I would be glad to hear from anything you have heard about this.
Maybe? it is known in the compiler community under a different name.

thanks,

Marc

compiler.ddj@h-rd.org