Compiler positions available for week ending June 5

"comp.compilers" <compilers@iecc.com>
5 Jun 2011 07:59:39 -0000

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Compiler positions available for week ending June 5 compilers@iecc.com (comp.compilers) (2005-06-05)
Compiler positions available for week ending June 5 compilers@iecc.com (comp.compilers) (2011-06-05)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: "comp.compilers" <compilers@iecc.com>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 5 Jun 2011 07:59:39 -0000
Posted-Date: 05 Jun 2011 09:47:30 EDT

This is a digest of ``help wanted'' and ``position available'' messages
received at comp.compilers during the preceding week. Messages must
advertise a position having something to do with compilers and must also
conform to the guidelines periodically posted in misc.jobs.offered.
Positions that remain open may be re-advertised once a month. To respond
to a job offer, send mail to the author of the message. To submit a
message, mail it to compilers@iecc.com.

-------------------------------

From: Robert Moniot <moniot@fordham.edu>
Subject: research assistantship available at Fordham in NYC working on ftnchek
Date: Wed, 01 Jun 2011 16:31:23 -0400

Hi.

I'm trying to recruit a student to be a graduate research assistant to
begin work in September, at Fordham University in New York City, on a
project requiring a strong background in compilers.

I am the author and maintainer of ftnchek
(http://sourceforge.net/projects/ftnchek/), a static analyzer for
finding bugs in Fortran code. In its heyday a decade and more ago,
ftnchek was quite popular with Fortran programmers. However, for some
time now it has been kind of moribund due to its only accepting
Fortran 77 syntax with some Fortran-90 and vendor extensions.

This situation is about to change. I have been awarded a grant that
can support a graduate research assistant, including a stipend and
paying 1/3 of tuition for the academic year. The project will involve
rebuilding ftnchek to accept the full current Fortran standard syntax.
(Ftnchek itself is written in C.)

If you are or know of a graduating senior who is planning to begin a
master's degree program in computer science this September, with a
good background and interest in compilers, please contact me for
details on the assistantship and how to apply to Fordham's
M.S. program in computer science. Position is open to international
students.

Thank you,

  --
Dr. Robert Moniot [moniot fordham edu]
Associate Professor of Computer Science
Date: Fri, 03 Jun 2011 10:32:13 -0700

From: HR HelpLine <hrhelpline@apple.com>
Subject: Compiler Backend Engineer Location Santa Clara Valley

Requisition Number 6865416
Job title Compiler Backend Engineer Location Santa Clara Valley
Country United States
City Cupertino
State California
Job type Full Time

Job description The Apple compiler team is seeking an engineer who is strongly
motivated to build high-quality and high performance compilers. We are focused
on improving the user experience by reducing compile time as well as
maximizing the execution speed of the code generated for the Apple systems. As
a key member of the Apple Compiler Team, you will apply your strong
state-of-the-art background and experience toward the development of fast
highly optimized compiler products that extract top performance from the Apple
systems.

You will join a small team of highly motivated senior engineers who build
first-class open-source compiler tools and apply them in new and innovative
ways.

Required Experience:

* Ideal candidate will have experience with the LLVM and/or GCC.
* Strong background in compiler architecture, optimization, code generation
and overall design of compilers.
* Knowledge and experience with developing compilers for embedded devices is a
plus.
* Familiarity with analyzing generated code for optimization/code generation
opportunities.B
* Strong communication and teamwork skills.

For additional information or to apply for this position:
http://jobs.apple.com/index.ajs?BID=1&method=mExternal.showJob&RID=74209&CurrentPage=1