|Seed7 Release 2010-07-04 email@example.com (tm) (2010-07-04)|
|Date:||Sun, 4 Jul 2010 14:17:00 -0700 (PDT)|
|Posted-Date:||04 Jul 2010 23:38:37 EDT|
I have released a new version of Seed7: seed7_05_20100704.tgz
In the Seed7 programming language new statements and operators
can be declared easily. Types are first class objects and therefore
templates/generics need no special syntax. Object orientation is
used when it brings advantages and not in places when other
solutions are more obvious.
Seed7 is covered by the GPL (and LGPL for the Seed7 runtime library).
- The Seed7 interpreter (hi) was improved to support stack traces
with function call notation.
- The "progs.s7i" library was improved to support indexing and 'for'
loops for 'bstring' values.
- Indexing tests for constant arrays were added to the "chkexc.sd7"
- The compiler was improved to generate code for array and string
indexing with temporary values of type 'uinttype' instead of
- The compiler was improved to generate code with the type
'rtlValueunion' instead of 'valueunion' (this is the same type as
in the file "data_rtl.h").
- The compiler was improved to create dynamic dispatcher functions
which copy a struct value when necessary (in function
- The compiler ("comp.sd7") was improved to initialize constant
'bstring' values correctly.
- The compiler option -e was improved to create an executable which
sends a signal when an uncaught exception occurs (A caught
exception does not send a signal).
- The files "bstlib.c", "primitiv.c" and the compiler ("comp.sd7")
were improved to support the primitive action BST_IDX (which allows
indexing of 'bstring' values).
- A definition of the type 'rtlStructtype' was added to "data_rtl.h".
- The files "traceutl.c" and "runerr.c" were improved to define and
use the functions 'printformparam' and 'prot_name'.
- Variables were renamed in the files "strlib.c", "bstlib.c" and
- Checks for negative line and column values and casts to 'size_t'
were added to the files "scr_inf.c", "scr_cap.c" and "scr_tcp.c".
Greetings Thomas Mertes
Seed7 Homepage: http://seed7.sourceforge.net
Seed7 - The extensible programming language: User defined statements
and operators, abstract data types, templates without special
syntax, OO with interfaces and multiple dispatch, statically typed,
interpreted or compiled, portable, runs under linux/unix/windows.
Return to the
Search the comp.compilers archives again.