A novice in compiler construction wants feedback

"Marcus Johansson" <programmer@telia.com>
Thu, 3 Sep 2009 16:27:00 +0200

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
A novice in compiler construction wants feedback programmer@telia.com (Marcus Johansson) (2009-09-03)
Re: A novice in compiler construction wants feedback derekrss@yahoo.ca (Derek) (2009-09-04)
Re: A novice in compiler construction wants feedback programmer@telia.com (Marcus Johansson) (2009-09-05)
Re: A novice in compiler construction wants feedback bc@freeuk.com (Bart) (2009-09-05)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: "Marcus Johansson" <programmer@telia.com>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: Thu, 3 Sep 2009 16:27:00 +0200
Posted-Date: 03 Sep 2009 13:11:30 EDT

Hi,

In real life I work as programmer at a company that produces casual download
games. But for a year or so I've spent my friday nights on writing my own
little programming language. It's just a simple BASIC style thing, but I'm
still kind of proud of it since I had no experience in compiler construction
before I wrote the very first line of code. The compiler translates the
source code into an assembler-like instruction set and then adds these
instructions to an executable file that interprets itself (is there a name
for this technique?).

But why am I writing? I guess I simply want some feedback, since I have no
one to discuss this kind of work with. The compiler can be downloaded from
naalaa.webs.com/naalaa.zip. It comes with an editor with syntax highlithting
and some example code. And, yeah, it's for windows.

/Marcus