|Seed7 Release 2009-04-13 firstname.lastname@example.org (2009-04-13)|
|Date:||Mon, 13 Apr 2009 14:29:50 -0700 (PDT)|
|Posted-Date:||13 Apr 2009 17:55:17 EDT|
I have released a new version of Seed7: seed7_05_20090413.tgz
In the Seed7 programming language new statements and operators
can be declared easily. Types are first class objects and therefore
templates/generics need no special syntax. Object orientation is
used when it brings advantages and not in places when other
solutions are more obvious.
Seed7 is covered by the GPL (and LGPL for the Seed7 runtime library).
- A description of data struct elements was added to the chapters
rational, bigRational, complex, color and time in the manual.
- A description of the functions fileTypeSL, getATime, getCTime,
getMTime, setATime, setMTime and removeAnyFile was added to the
chapter 'OS access' in the manual.
- The compiler (comp.sd7) was improved to correctly handle hashtables
as elements of structs.
- The compiler (comp.sd7) was improved to to generate dispatcher
functions which copy a reference to a value when the interface
needs the value itself (the value is used and possibly freed
afterwards by the caller).
- The functions getXmlTagHeadOrContent in the scanfile.s7i and
scanstri.s7i libraries were improved to correctly read the head of
empty element tags when they have no attributes (E.g: The tag head
of "<aTag/>" is "<aTag" ).
- The functions getXmlCharacterReference and skipXmlTag were added to
the scanfile.s7i library.
- The ENABLE_SORT template function, which allows the generation of a
sort function, was added to the seed7_05.s7i library.
- The functions fileTypeSL, cloneFile and copyFile were added to the
- The functions str_dd_mm_yyyy, str_hh_mm, timestamp1970, time and
getCTime were added to the time.s7i library.
- The function alternate_localtime_r in the file tim_win.c was
improved to correctly handle daylight saving time.
- The tarx.sd7 example program was improved to use the function
Greetings Thomas Mertes
Seed7 Homepage: http://seed7.sourceforge.net
Seed7 - The extensible programming language: User defined statements
and operators, abstract data types, templates without special
syntax, OO with interfaces and multiple dispatch, statically typed,
interpreted or compiled, portable, runs under linux/unix/windows.
Return to the
Search the comp.compilers archives again.