|Seed7 Release 2008-11-02 firstname.lastname@example.org (2008-11-02)|
|Date:||Sun, 2 Nov 2008 13:11:31 -0800 (PST)|
|Posted-Date:||02 Nov 2008 17:55:58 EST|
I have released a new version of Seed7: seed7_05_20081102.tgz
In the Seed7 programming language new statements and operators
can be declared easily. Types are first class objects and therefore
templates/generics need no special syntax. Object orientation is
used when it brings advantages and not in places when other
solutions are more obvious.
Seed7 is covered by the GPL (and LGPL for the Seed7 runtime library).
- A new gzip.s7i library, which contains a gzip uncompression
function, was added.
- The functions getXmlTagHeadOrContent, getSymbolInXmlTag,
getHtmlAttributeValue and getNextXmlAttribute were added to the
- In the library scanstri.s7i the function getXmlTagHeadOrContent was
added and the function getSymbolInHtmlTag was renamed to
- The call stack written by the (hi) interpreter, when an uncatched
exception occurs, was improved.
- The compiler (comp.sd7) was improved to write a file name and a
line when an uncatched exception occurs.
- The handling of sockets in the compiler was improved to support
them also for the cl C compiler from msvc.
- The makefiles were improved to define 'make clean' additionally to
'make clear' to remove the object files and libraries which were
created during the compilation process.
- The documentation file src/read_me.txt was improved to explain more
#define values used in the file version.h .
Greetings Thomas Mertes
Seed7 Homepage: http://seed7.sourceforge.net
Seed7 - The extensible programming language: User defined statements
and operators, abstract data types, templates without special
syntax, OO with interfaces and multiple dispatch, statically typed,
interpreted or compiled, portable, runs under linux/unix/windows.
Return to the
Search the comp.compilers archives again.