GCC -fdump-translation-unit .tu file format

"dirtysalt1987@gmail.com" <dirtysalt1987@gmail.com>
Tue, 14 Oct 2008 23:05:51 -0700 (PDT)

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
GCC -fdump-translation-unit .tu file format dirtysalt1987@gmail.com (dirtysalt1987@gmail.com) (2008-10-14)
Re: GCC -fdump-translation-unit .tu file format dnovillo@acm.org (Diego Novillo) (2008-10-15)
Re: GCC -fdump-translation-unit .tu file format pertti.kellomaki@tut.fi (Pertti Kellomaki) (2008-10-16)
Re: GCC -fdump-translation-unit .tu file format dirtysalt1987@gmail.com (dirtysalt1987@gmail.com) (2008-10-17)
Re: GCC -fdump-translation-unit .tu file format armelasselin@hotmail.com (Armel) (2008-10-17)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: "dirtysalt1987@gmail.com" <dirtysalt1987@gmail.com>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2008 23:05:51 -0700 (PDT)
Posted-Date: 15 Oct 2008 14:42:45 EDT

Hello,everyone:
I am working on extracting some useful information about C++ source
program like Template information,Class Hirerachy and Variable
Declarations .etc.

And I found a very useful option in gcc that can generate enough
information what I want
"gcc -fdump-translation-unit -c a.cpp -o a.o" and this command will
generate a file a.tu.

I browsed the .tu file and I was assured that I cound work based on
that.But when I wanted a complete the documentation to persuade my
manager,I got frustrated.Even in the GCC Internal Documentation,this
file format has not been mentioned.

Help!!!Is there some one here who had been working on this field?
Counld you give me some information where i can find the .tu file
format???Or would you be so kind to tell me is there any other better
way to extract the information from C++ source file???

3KS:-)