Compiler positions available for week ending September 28

"comp.compilers" <compilers@iecc.com>
28 Sep 2008 07:59:44 -0000

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Compiler positions available for week ending September 28 compilers@iecc.com (2003-09-30)
Compiler positions available for week ending September 28 compilers@iecc.com (comp.compilers) (2008-09-28)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: "comp.compilers" <compilers@iecc.com>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 28 Sep 2008 07:59:44 -0000
Posted-Date: 28 Sep 2008 18:16:46 EDT

This is a digest of ``help wanted'' and ``position available'' messages
received at comp.compilers during the preceding week. Messages must
advertise a position having something to do with compilers and must also
conform to the guidelines periodically posted in misc.jobs.offered.
Positions that remain open may be re-advertised once a month. To respond
to a job offer, send mail to the author of the message. To submit a
message, mail it to compilers@iecc.com.

-------------------------------

Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2008 16:47:53 -0700
Subject: Fortify Software Job Posting (Silicon valley)
From: Rick McPhee <rmcphee@fortifysoftware.com>

== Fortify Software Engineering: Source Code Analysis Group ==

We are looking for exceptional software engineers, at any level of
experience, to join our team and help create the world's leading software
security technologies. This is a unique opportunity for outstanding
individuals to work on a world-class team building a new category of
security technology. Fortify Source Code Analyzer (SCA) is used by the
largest software companies in the world, many of the Fortune 100 companies,
and hundreds of other security-conscious organizations.

We are looking for highly motivated team players who like to take on
challenging problems and are interested in building enterprise-class
products for software security.

Responsibilities:
* Develop, maintain, and improve static analysis algorithms that find real
security vulnerabilities in real code.
* Develop inter-procedural analysis algorithms to improve the precision and
scalability of Fortify's analysis algorithms.
* Design and implement automatic test/verification frameworks to ensure the
quality and correctness of Fortify's analysis algorithms.
* Apply advanced principles, theories, and concepts to develop innovative
solutions.
* Work with customers to understand production use of the product and
understand advanced functionality requirements.

Requirements:
* Minimum BA/BS Computer Science.
* Outstanding coding skills with advanced algorithms and data structures.
* Proficiency in Java and C.
* Excellent communication and problem solving skills.

Desired:
* Masters (or PhD) degree in Computer Science or a related discipline.
* Experience working with programming languages, compilers, static analysis
or development tools.
* Experience in software security.

Visit our website to find out more:
www.fortifysoftware.com

Location:
San Mateo, California
Relocation help is provided for exceptional candidates.

Contact:
Rick McPhee
Sr. Director, Core Analysis
rmcphee@fortifysoftware.com