|Seed7 Release 2008-08-03 email@example.com (2008-08-03)|
|Date:||Sun, 3 Aug 2008 14:18:35 -0700 (PDT)|
|Posted-Date:||03 Aug 2008 17:47:54 EDT|
I have released a new version of Seed7: seed7_05_20080803.tgz
In the Seed7 programming language new statements and operators
can be declared easily. Types are first class objects and therefore
templates/generics need no special syntax. Object orientation is
used when it brings advantages and not in places when other
solutions are more obvious.
Seed7 is covered by the GPL (and LGPL for the Seed7 runtime library).
- The charsets.s7i library was renamed to chartype.s7i .
- A new charsets.s7i library, which contains 44 codepages and the
functions conv2unicode and conv2unicodeByName, was added.
- The encoding.s7i library, which contains encoding and decoding
functions for Base64 and Quoted-printable, was added.
- The functions 'ord' and 'conv' and a 'for' loop were added to the
type 'category' defined in the progs.s7i library.
- The functions getWord, getQuotedText and getHttpSymbol were added
to the scanstri.s7i library.
- The functions getSymbolOrComment, getSymbol and getSymbolInHtmlTag
of the scanstri.s7i library were improved to return symbols without
- The function getHtmlTagOrContent was renamed to getXmlTagOrContent
in the scanfile.s7i library.
- A 'for key' loop for arrays, a 'for' loop for HASHSETs, a 'str'
function to convert integers to strings with base, a 'lpad0'
operator for strings and the functions striToUtf8, utf8ToStri and
toInt were added to the seed7_05.s7i library.
- The files cgi.s7i and bas7.sd7 were improved to use the new toInt
- The interpreter and the compiler (comp.sd7) were improved to
support the new primitive actions INT_STR_BASED, STR_LPAD0,
STR_TOUTF8 and STR_UTF8TOSTRI.
- The compiler (comp.sd7) was improved to generate better code for
the primitive actions ARR_IDX, STR_ELEMCPY and STR_IDX.
- The toutf8.sd7 example program was modified to use the new
- The files heaputl.c, heaputl.h, str_rtl.c and strlib.c were
improved to use strings with capacity for the primitive actions
STR_APPEND, STR_CAT and STR_HEAD.
- The makefiles were changed to use the $(CFLAGS) always when $(CC)
- The socClose function in the file soc_rtl.c was improved to call
close() or closesocket() depending on the operation system.
- The functions socGetc, socLineRead and socWordRead of the file
soc_rtl.c were improved to interpret characters >= '\128\' as
Greetings Thomas Mertes
Seed7 Homepage: http://seed7.sourceforge.net
Seed7 - The extensible programming language: User defined statements
and operators, abstract data types, templates without special
syntax, OO with interfaces and multiple dispatch, statically typed,
interpreted or compiled, portable, runs under linux/unix/windows.
Return to the
Search the comp.compilers archives again.