Re: Auto vectorizing compiler ?

kamal <kamalpr@hp.com>
Sat, 5 Jul 2008 09:36:29 -0700 (PDT)

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Auto vectorizing compiler ? nealcrago@gmail.com (Neal) (2008-07-03)
Re: Auto vectorizing compiler ? kamalpr@hp.com (kamal) (2008-07-05)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: kamal <kamalpr@hp.com>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: Sat, 5 Jul 2008 09:36:29 -0700 (PDT)
Posted-Date: 05 Jul 2008 13:04:11 EDT

On Jul 4, 2:52 am, Neal <nealcr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I've just started working on programming models for many-core

many-core = MIMD and not SIMD

> machines, and was wondering what the state of the art in terms of

the state of the art is somewhat dated.

> parallelization of serial code is. I'm most interested in SIMD
> vectorization right now... does anyone have a point to articles,
> websites, research etc on this topic? Thanks!

http://portal.acm.org/citation.cfm?id=30396

this book describes how one can create a hypothetical architecture of
processors -optimized for certain algorithms eg kalman filters/fast
fourier transforms etc..
  you can use the same thing in reverse fashion to decompose a program
into fragments that execute on different processors in an SIMD
machine.

regards
-kamal