New ICI for MILEPOST GCC (machine learning based research compiler)

Grigori Fursin <gfursin@gmail.com>
Fri, 27 Jun 2008 01:20:41 -0700 (PDT)

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
New ICI for MILEPOST GCC (machine learning based research compiler) gfursin@gmail.com (Grigori Fursin) (2008-06-27)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: Grigori Fursin <gfursin@gmail.com>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2008 01:20:41 -0700 (PDT)
Posted-Date: 27 Jun 2008 21:31:17 EDT

Dear all,

Just a short note that we have released the new Interactive
Compilation Interface (http://gcc-ici.sourceforge.net) with several
optimization plugins for MILEPOST GCC - machine learning based
adaptive research compiler.

We continue research to reuse optimization knowledge among different
programs and architectures based on statistical and machine learning
techniques, and plan to release our toolchain at the end of summer
2008. This infrastructure is described in more detail in our GCC
Summit'08 paper: http://unidapt.org/papers/fmtp2008.pdf

We will be posting more information at the development site soon:
http://unidapt.org

Yours,
Grigori Fursin

Grigori Fursin, PhD
Research Scientist, INRIA, France

http://unidapt.org - tackling the complexity of
future computing systems using machine learning