corrections on a dfa's input strings?

vega_lope@yahoo.es
Fri, 11 Apr 2008 04:50:29 -0700 (PDT)

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
corrections on a dfa's input strings? vega_lope@yahoo.es (2008-04-11)
Re: corrections on a dfa's input strings? DrDiettrich1@aol.com (Hans-Peter Diettrich) (2008-04-11)
Re: corrections on a dfa's input strings? gene.ressler@gmail.com (Gene) (2008-04-15)
Re: corrections on a dfa's input strings? monnier@iro.umontreal.ca (Stefan Monnier) (2008-05-20)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: vega_lope@yahoo.es
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2008 04:50:29 -0700 (PDT)
Posted-Date: 11 Apr 2008 16:26:34 EDT

Hello,

I've implemented a dfa with a keyword tree, I'm already adding and
removing keys from it, or even perfoming completion as readline does
for us on a console.

My question is if there's anybody who could tell me about algorithms,
names (I'm not english), or resources I can look for when trying to do
corrrections on input strings against those already registered within
the dfa.

The idea is quite similar to the "did you mean: ..." from google. I
feed the dfa with a string for a lookup operation, and perhaps that
operation returns unsuccesful as there's no key registered matching
exactly the input string, then, an algorithm comes to aid doing some
trial an error, till it deduces that either, the user made a typo, or
that others keys sintactically similar could also match his/her
request.

Any comments really appreciated.

Regards,