Compiler positions available for week ending March 9

"comp.compilers" <compilers@iecc.com>
9 Mar 2008 08:00:00 -0000

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Compiler positions available for week ending March 9 compilers@iecc.com (comp.compilers) (2003-03-09)
Compiler positions available for week ending March 9 compilers@iecc.com (comp.compilers) (2008-03-09)
Compiler positions available for week ending March 9 compilers-jobs@iecc.com (1997-03-09)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: "comp.compilers" <compilers@iecc.com>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 9 Mar 2008 08:00:00 -0000
Posted-Date: 09 Mar 2008 12:21:54 EDT

This is a digest of ``help wanted'' and ``position available'' messages
received at comp.compilers during the preceding week. Messages must
advertise a position having something to do with compilers and must also
conform to the guidelines periodically posted in misc.jobs.offered.
Positions that remain open may be re-advertised once a month. To respond
to a job offer, send mail to the author of the message. To submit a
message, mail it to compilers@iecc.com.

-------------------------------

Subject: Compiler engineer : Hewlett Packard (Bangalore, India)
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2008 16:16:45 +0530

Senior Complier Engineer - C/C++ Frontend

Company : Hewlett Packard India Software Operations
Location : Bangalore, India

The HP aC++ compiler team is responsible for the design, development,
maintanence and testing of HP's C/C++ compilers. We are looking for a
Senior Compiler Engineer with a professional experience of 5 years or
above, to be a part of this team. As a key member of the team, you
will be responsible for delivering a high quality C++ compiler
frontend and work on identifying and implementing C/C++ language
enhancements and performance improvements, mentor junior engineers in
the team and work closely with our customers. This is a great
opportunity to join a high impact team crafting language frontends
using object-oriented design principles.

Requirements:
7 BE/MS in Computer Science and hands-on industry experience on related
topics;
7 Exceptional knowledge of the C++ language and various parsing techniques is
required;
7 Product experience working on a production level C/C++ compiler frontend;
7 Familiarity with object-oriented concepts, design patterns, and
implementation issues;
7 Must be self-motivated, flexible, should work well with the team and have
excellent communication skills;

Interested, please send your resume to shanthal@hp.com

-------------------------------

Date: March 3, 2008
From: Julia Cort <Julia@JuliaCortRecruiting.com>
Subject: DSP Toolchain Technical Customer Support Engineer (Austin/San Diego)

Fulltime position
On site in Austin or San Diego
Some travel involved.

DSP Toolchain Technical Customer Support Engineer

This person will be part of a development team for the next
generation of our proprietary processor core. We are developing a
toolchain to support multimedia and modem applications within an
embedded system. The toolchain includes a compiler, assembler,
linker, debugger, simulator, IDE, and RTOS. The rapidly expanding
customer base will include both internal and external customers. The
customer support engineer will support customers with understanding,
integrating, debugging, testing and optimizing embedded software.

Responsibilities include
* Interfacing with customer representatives
* Answering technical questions
* Triaging customer issues
* Preparing and delivering customer training
* Analyzing and optimizing customer code

Desired experience:
* 5+ years software development experience
* 3+ years embedded software development experience
* Significant experience with modern embedded software development tools
* Knowledge of embedded system and DSP architectures
* Ability to work independently
* Programming in C/C++, assembly language, Perl, Tcl/tk

Thank you!
Julia

Julia Cort Recruiting
707 775-3624 phone