|Seed7 Release 2008-02-03 email@example.com (2008-02-03)|
|Date:||Sun, 3 Feb 2008 13:33:59 -0800 (PST)|
|Posted-Date:||04 Feb 2008 13:05:58 EST|
I have released a new version of Seed7: seed7_05_20080203.tgz
In the Seed7 programming language new statements and operators
can be declared easily. Types are first class objects and therefore
templates/generics need no special syntax. Object orientation is
used when it brings advantages and not in places when other
solutions are more obvious.
Seed7 is covered by the GPL (and LGPL for the Seed7 runtime library).
- The compiler (comp.sd7) was improved to allow the compilation of
- The compiler now compiles the programs rever.sd7 and sl.sd7.
- The scanner.s7i library was renamed to scanfile.s7i and the getName
function was added to it.
- Three libraries dialog.s7i, scanstri.s7i and charsets.s7i were
- The functions str, digits and parse of complex.s7i were changed to
use the -0.5000+0.8660i format.
- The hasNext function, which allows an iterator like handling of
files, was added to the file interface.
- Two new object librarys s7_comp and s7_data were added to support
- The following files were added: act_comp.c, act_comp.h prg_comp.c,
prg_comp.h, ref_data.c, ref_data.h, rfl_data.c, rfl_data.h,
typ_data.c, typ_data.h, datautl.c and datautl.h .
- The following primitive actions were added or improved:
CMD_FILETYPE, FIL_HAS_NEXT, FIL_PRINT, FIL_VALUE, REF_ARRMAXPOS,
REF_CAT_PARSE, REF_CAT_STR, RFL_NOT_ELEM
- The prototypes of several *.h files were improved to contain
- The category of an object returned by refCategory is now an
integer/enumeration like type instead of a string.
- The bigAddTemp and bigSbtrTemp functions were added to allow
optimized bigInteger operations in the compiler.
- The bas7.sd7 (basic interpreter) example program was improved.
- The Exit function of the castle.sd7 example program was improved.
Greetings Thomas Mertes
Seed7 Homepage: http://seed7.sourceforge.net
Seed7 - The extensible programming language: User defined statements
and operators, abstract data types, templates without special
syntax, OO with interfaces and multiple dispatch.
Return to the
Search the comp.compilers archives again.