Re: An unknown language with a known implementation ?

"Dmitry A. Kazakov" <mailbox@dmitry-kazakov.de>
Sun, 14 Oct 2007 17:20:09 +0200

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
An unknown language with a known implementation ? marten.cassel@gmail.com (2007-10-13)
Re: An unknown language with a known implementation ? mailbox@dmitry-kazakov.de (Dmitry A. Kazakov) (2007-10-14)
Re: An unknown language with a known implementation ? DrDiettrich1@aol.com (Hans-Peter Diettrich) (2007-10-14)
Re: An unknown language with a known implementation ? tommy.thorn@gmail.com (Tommy Thorn) (2007-10-19)
Re: An unknown language with a known implementation ? jo@durchholz.org (Joachim Durchholz) (2007-10-22)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: "Dmitry A. Kazakov" <mailbox@dmitry-kazakov.de>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: Sun, 14 Oct 2007 17:20:09 +0200
Posted-Date: 14 Oct 2007 13:04:33 EDT

On Sat, 13 Oct 2007 05:33:09 -0700, marten.cassel@gmail.com wrote:

> Given the specification and source code of a programming language
> implementation that is, interpreter (for a virtual machine), runtime
> libraries and extensions, plus compiled programs. I'd like to learn
> about the language that this implementation was made for.
>
> Is this possible? Mayby someone could clarify or express the problem
> for me more clearly.. and possible solutions.

Considering the language is defined as anything accepted by the
interpreter. So you have a program (the interpreter) and input (some
source code in the mysterious language). You have to decide if the
interpreter will accept that code (= to know if the input is in the
language). This looks much like halting problem, I am afraid.

--
Regards,
Dmitry A. Kazakov