|ANN: Seed7 Release 2007-09-25 firstname.lastname@example.org (2007-09-25)|
|Date:||Tue, 25 Sep 2007 14:50:48 -0700|
|Posted-Date:||26 Sep 2007 14:12:25 EDT|
I have released a new version of Seed7: seed7_05_20070925.tgz
In the Seed7 programming language new statements and operators
can be declared easily. Types are first class objects and therefore
templates/generics need no special syntax. Object orientation is
used when it brings advantages and not in places when other
solutions are more obvious.
Seed7 is covered by the GPL (and LGPL for the Seed7 runtime library).
- The compiler support for fil_tell, hsh_contains, hsh_excl and
str_idx was improved.
- The string indexing (str_idx) was changed to raise RANGE_ERROR
for indices outside of the string.
- Various spelling errors in faq.htm, faq.txt, manual.htm and
manual.txt where fixed.
- The functions filBigLng, filBigSeek, filBigTell and filLng were
improved to use _fseeki64 when available.
- The mandelbr.sd7, chkstr.sd7, chkexc.sd7 and wiz.sd7 example
programs were improved.
- A protection aggainst a buffer overflow in scrWrite was added.
- Several function prototypes were changed to use 'const' types.
Greetings Thomas Mertes
Seed7 Homepage: http://seed7.sourceforge.net
Seed7 - The extensible programming language: User defined statements
and operators, abstract data types, templates without special
syntax, OO with interfaces and multiple dispatch.
Return to the
Search the comp.compilers archives again.