Re: name mangling/parser

Nicola Musatti <nicola.musatti@gmail.com>
Fri, 06 Jul 2007 08:31:46 -0000

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
name mangling/parser GrahamJWalsh@gmail.com (2007-07-05)
Re: name mangling/parser nicola.musatti@gmail.com (Nicola Musatti) (2007-07-06)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: Nicola Musatti <nicola.musatti@gmail.com>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: Fri, 06 Jul 2007 08:31:46 -0000
Posted-Date: 08 Jul 2007 19:00:30 EDT

On Jul 5, 10:19 am, GrahamJWa...@gmail.com wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We're stuck in a precarious position whereby cross compilation between
> two compilers, is broken.. due to differences in name mangling.
> Specifically we have a dll/lib from microsoft visual studio 2005 and
> an application compiled with cbuilder 6 from borland. The problem lies
> (as everybody on this forum will know all too well) in the fact that
> differnent decoration/mangling systems are used. e.g.

I'm sure you know what you're doing, but are you aware that name
mangling is just one aspect in which different compilers' ABI's may
differ? I'm thinking of problems like using different memory managers,
different standard library implementations, etc.

I would think that the "right" way to approach your problem would be
to wrap your VC DLL in a COM server and access that from your BCB
application.

By the way, did you consider asking for advice in the CodeGear
newsgroups? See http://support.codegear.com/newsgroups/directory

Cheers,
Nicola Musatti