Where are expression trees of SUIF in MachineSUIF?

"kanvard" <kanvard@gmail.com>
26 Nov 2006 21:54:16 -0500

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Where are expression trees of SUIF in MachineSUIF? kanvard@gmail.com (kanvard) (2006-11-26)
Re: Where are expression trees of SUIF in MachineSUIF? nkavv@skiathos.physics.auth.gr (Uncle Noah) (2006-11-27)
Re: Where are expression trees of SUIF in MachineSUIF? kanvard@gmail.com (kanvard) (2006-11-29)
Re: Where are expression trees of SUIF in MachineSUIF? nkavv@skiathos.physics.auth.gr (Uncle Noah) (2006-11-30)
Re: Where are expression trees of SUIF in MachineSUIF? dmaze@mit.edu (David Z Maze) (2006-12-01)
Re: Where are expression trees of SUIF in MachineSUIF? nkavv@skiathos.physics.auth.gr (Uncle Noah) (2006-12-03)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: "kanvard" <kanvard@gmail.com>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 26 Nov 2006 21:54:16 -0500
Posted-Date: 26 Nov 2006 21:54:16 EST

Hi,

Code generator generator such as iburg/lburg/olive can be used to
build a code generator that takes expression trees as input and emits
assembly code. SUIF1 supports both expression trees and flat lists of
instructions, and the instructions within an expression are grouped
under the same "tree_instr" data structure.

MachineSUIF has an instruction selection pass "do_gen -target_lib" and
a register allocation pass "do_raga". I am going to build a
instruction selector using iburg/lburg/olive and then use the register
allocator of MachineSUIF. My questions are: How to build a code
generator using iburg/lburg/olive in MachineSUIF compiler? Do i need
to build such a tree pattern-matcher in SUIF, use "do_lower, do_s2m"
to transform IR from SUIF to MachineSUIF, and then use "do_raga" of
MachineSUIF to do register allocation? Where are expression trees of
SUIF in MachineSUIF? Do i need to build expression trees from
MachineSUIF IR using MachineSUIF libraries?

Thank you!

-Kan