ANNOUNCE: The Falcon Programming Language, PRE-BETA 3 Released

Giancarlo Niccolai <searchforme@ingoogle.com>
18 Nov 2006 16:20:42 -0500

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
ANNOUNCE: The Falcon Programming Language, PRE-BETA 3 Released searchforme@ingoogle.com (Giancarlo Niccolai) (2006-11-18)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: Giancarlo Niccolai <searchforme@ingoogle.com>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 18 Nov 2006 16:20:42 -0500
Posted-Date: 18 Nov 2006 16:20:42 EST

The Falcon Programming Language, PRE-BETA 3 Released

The Falcon Programming Language Committee is proud to announce the
release of the third pre-beta version of Falcon.

Falcon is an Open Source generic untyped embeddable and stand-alone
language, with a fast virtual machine and unique constructs, fully
portable on many platforms including GNU/Linux, MS-Windows, Mac-OSX
and BSD. The code base and the extension API are written in C++.

This version of Falcon comes with a greatly improved engine reshaped
as a single shared library. The parser, the Virtual Machine and the
language constructs have been fully internationalized; Falcon scripts
can now be written in a wide range of encodings, including UTF8 and
UTF16, and language symbols (functions, variables, objects etc.) can
be named using any Unicode character. Binary access to strings makes
of Falcon an ideal choice when there is the need to manipulate binary
data in files, and its simple and powerful embedding model provides an
ideal support to script any kind of application.

The documentation is now including a Survival Guide, enumerating and
explaining language features, a Function Reference and the Embedding
guide. A module writing guide is upcoming.

Falcon home site is http://www.falconpl.org

We're waiting for willful volunteers willing to test, use and extend
Falcon. Come and join our newborn community, we're waiting for you!