OxIDE Transpiler released

"Gary Stephenson" <garys@ihug.com.au>
24 Oct 2006 17:36:22 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
OxIDE Transpiler released garys@ihug.com.au (Gary Stephenson) (2006-10-24)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: "Gary Stephenson" <garys@ihug.com.au>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 24 Oct 2006 17:36:22 -0400
Posted-Date: 24 Oct 2006 17:36:22 EDT

Hi all,

I would like to announce the first public release of the OxIDE transpiler,
available now from

        http://www.oxide.net.au

OxIDE is first and foremost an implementation of a preprocessor and parser
for Xbase++. As such, I believe (hope?) that it should also function well
for Clipper too, but I confess it is many years since I had an installation
of Clipper on my machine. Given that this is very much a 1.0 release, I
would appreciate anybody willing to run their Clipper code through it, and
provide me with feedback as to bugs or problems encountered. Suggestions as
to how to further improve the product would also be most welcome of course.

Also included in OxIDE is an XSLT transformation engine and script that
attempts to translate the original code into runnable IronPython code, for
deployment on .NET. I have made a fair amount of progress in implementing
a compatibility layer around ADO.NET to mimic the Clipper/Xbase++ database
model. I have not yet started on any UI stuff though.

OxIDE is free and open-source software. The preprocessor and parser are
written in C# and are covered by the GPL license (as they were derived
originally from the Mono C# parser). The XSLT scripts and IronPython
runtime support files are covered by a liberal BSD style license. However,
none of these licenses have any effect whatsover on any of the processed
outputs.

Thanks,

Gary Stephenson