Problem involved porting LCC to a 8 bit microcontroller

amker.cheng@gmail.com
6 Sep 2006 17:18:12 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Problem involved porting LCC to a 8 bit microcontroller amker.cheng@gmail.com (2006-09-06)
Re: Problem involved porting LCC to a 8 bit microcontroller englere_geo@yahoo.com (Eric) (2006-09-08)
Re: Problem involved porting LCC to a 8 bit microcontroller tmk@netvision.net.il (Michael Tiomkin) (2006-09-08)
Re: Problem involved porting LCC to a 8 bit microcontroller toby@telegraphics.com.au (toby) (2006-09-08)
Re: Problem involved porting LCC to a 8 bit microcontroller gah@ugcs.caltech.edu (glen herrmannsfeldt) (2006-09-08)
Re: Problem involved porting LCC to a 8 bit microcontroller raffaele.salmaso@gmail.com (Raffaele Salmaso) (2006-09-08)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: amker.cheng@gmail.com
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 6 Sep 2006 17:18:12 -0400
Posted-Date: 06 Sep 2006 17:18:12 EDT

Just a student project !Porting porting LCC to a 8 bit microcontroller
with which char is 8 bit and int is 16bit.
But I found in LCC character and short-integer actual arguments are
always promoted to the coresponding type even in the presence of a
prototype!(And does there any place in it did similar thing?)
So I have to use 2 8bit regsters for a char type argument!This is
unbearable here!
  I want to change the front end, but not sure. All I have to do is
change codes for function declarations and definitions in decl.c?
Further more , in arithmetric computing "char c1,c2; c1 = c1 + c2;"
does lcc promote char into int? I doubt of it because there isn't an
dag operator for ADDI1!

May be the questions is silly! But it's the questions in my way and the
book mentioned little about this.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks a lot!