Browse information format

jacob navia <jacob@jacob.remcomp.fr>
28 Jul 2006 18:45:24 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Browse information format jacob@jacob.remcomp.fr (jacob navia) (2006-07-28)
Re: Browse information format DrDiettrich1@aol.com (Hans-Peter Diettrich) (2006-07-29)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: jacob navia <jacob@jacob.remcomp.fr>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 28 Jul 2006 18:45:24 -0400
Posted-Date: 28 Jul 2006 18:45:24 EDT

I am developing an IDE since a few years, and after many trials I
have settled for SQL databases for storing information about
the program.

The information I gather is
o type information
o coordinate information (precise line, file column of definition)
o identifier information
o macros definition

and several other stuff like usage tables, etc.

I wonder if anyone here knows of papers or references about this.

Are there any standards that would allow different IDEs to exchange
info?

I have now developed a bunch of SQL tables where the hierarchical
information is stored using "pointers" , i.e. a record can contain
a reference to the index of another record.

This is better than the ad hoc ascii files I had, but still quite messy.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance for any info

jacob