Re: Typechecking union types

"Curtis W" <cwarren89@gmail.com>
5 Jul 2006 15:15:27 -0400

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Typechecking union types tc@elvis.dk (Thomas Christensen) (2006-06-27)
Re: Typechecking union types cwarren89@gmail.com (Curtis W) (2006-07-05)
Re: Typechecking union types DrDiettrich@compuserve.de (Hans-Peter Diettrich) (2006-07-05)
Re: Typechecking union types haberg@math.su.se (2006-07-05)
Re: Typechecking union types tc@elvis.dk (Thomas Christensen) (2006-07-28)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: "Curtis W" <cwarren89@gmail.com>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 5 Jul 2006 15:15:27 -0400
Posted-Date: 05 Jul 2006 15:15:27 EDT

Well, to start off, what do you mean by "union types"? Something like
OCaml's variant types, e.g. `Int of int | `Float of float ? Secondly,
do you have any questions in particular? Try and think through how the
type inferencer is going to look in regards to union types and see if
you can't find any rough spots that you're having trouble figuring
out.