Re: Translate Compilers for windows

Roberto Waltman <usenet@rwaltman.net>
15 Mar 2006 22:12:53 -0500

          From comp.compilers

Related articles
Translate Compilers for windows kiranpannu@gmail.com (John Smith) (2006-03-14)
Re: Translate Compilers for windows Juergen.Kahrs@vr-web.de (=?ISO-8859-1?Q?J=FCrgen_Kahrs?=) (2006-03-15)
Re: Translate Compilers for windows usenet@rwaltman.net (Roberto Waltman) (2006-03-15)
| List of all articles for this month |

From: Roberto Waltman <usenet@rwaltman.net>
Newsgroups: comp.compilers
Date: 15 Mar 2006 22:12:53 -0500
Posted-Date: 15 Mar 2006 22:12:53 EST

"John Smith" <kiranpannu@gmail.com> wrote:
>..I have a
>compiler written for sun OS but I need to make(modify) my compiler for
>windows platform. I guess I need to change some of parameters for
>windows. Can Anyone help me in describing How can I acheive this. My
>old compiler is writtenin fortran77 so, I have to use fortran77.

You provide too little information to allow others to provide any real
help, so this reply must be very vague also...

What are the source and target languages? If the compiler translates,
for example, a proprietary query language to SQL, no (or minimal)
porting is required.

If it needs to translate a conventional programming language to native
code, consider modifying it to produce code for a different high level
language (C/lisp/python/tcl etc.) and use a existing compiler as your
code generation backbend.

There are translators from Fortran to other languages, so you do not
necessarily have to use fortran77.